Keenect Lite (Release)

Did you go into the zone app and link it to the tile?

Thanks!

Hmm. I know I've seen "obstructed" on my vents. In fact I had to have Keen replace one because it wouldn't switch from the obstructed state and actually operate. I was pretty sure the driver changed the status from off/on to obstructed... but I really can't remember. That was 2 months ago.

ST had it, I never checked if it worked... Since Mike probably wrote the driver, he's the authority...

No, i understand and agree. Now I'm just confused because I'm 99% positive my one bad vent was status "obstructed" before it got replaced. Oh well.

no problem, but if keen were to ever get anything to be stable other than opening/closing their vents... I'd add code to support it.

I'm seeing this error now and then:
app:2262019-06-20 10:08:51.485 am errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'SetKeenectData' is not supported by device. on line 385 (updated)

ok, I'll look into it when I get home tonight.

Ah - never mind - the random clickmonster mis-set the tile, by picking a VT.
I still haven't figured out how to use the new icon.

I still haven't figured out how to use the new icon.
I can build better instructions tonight. Would that help?

That would be nice. TIA

Added rough instruction to GIT

Got the tile working, but was disappointed that it's not "live" to set temps, and only shows heating setpoint, not cooling.

I'm still confused on the settings in the "master" VT and those in the Zone VTs.
What is the relationship between the two? Does one override the other, and how and when does "status" propagate down to the zones?
I've got it working nicely for heating, but I can't seem to find the magic combination that makes the vents work as expected for both heating and cooling..

I'm wondering why a "Master" VT is necessary.
Given a choice, I'd rather have the Zones be completely independent in their own VT, because I have zero interest in connecting them to the incredibly flaky Ecobee thermostat API.
I'd really not have the Ecobee show up in Hubitat at all, due to the stunningly unreliable driver and its tenuous connection to Ecobee's online support.

So I took a look a the KLmaster code, and changed the "Main Household Thermostat" to Required: False and unset the thermostat choice, and things seem to run fine without it, although I do get an error:
app:1972019-06-21 02:44:46.724 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method currentValue() on null object on line 86 (updated)

Is there another way of using KL for the vents without a "Master" thermostat, or could you please implement one as an option?

The master should not be a VT, but should be your ecobee/nest/HA thermostat. When it changes to cooling, all zones will be cooling, when it changes to heating all zones will be cooling.

As for being about to do changes from the tile, I don't know how to send inputs from a tile yet.

If you want to use a VT for the master and you want it to be auto, you have to use an app or RM to set the temperature, not setpoint, of the VT from a temperature sensor. That is the only way I can think to get auto to work.

When I change setpoints on the Zone VTs out of the idle gap they switch from Heat to Cool and VV.

So far everything works as I'd hoped, i.e. the vents open and close as desired, independent from the Ecobee, based on the temp sensors in each Zone, which is how I'd like to have them work.

Now I can remove the Ecobee from the Hub completely to avoid any external connectivity issues impacting my HVAC reliability.

The VT does change, but KL doesn’t use anything but the VT mode, not state, and set points.

Not sure what you mean by mode vs. state, but the Zone setpoints seem to be enough to make the vents respond as expected, without a master thermostat.