Just Got Email From Sinope: Zigbee Propane Tank Monitor Back In Stock

Great, it's become a regular thing.
Nothing's easy with this crap.

Signal's still looking good:

Even though I can't use the device yet, I got the attribute for propane level working well on my dashboard. Had to use some CSS to change the font size of the value to match my other data font sizes, and had to add the percent sign afterwar.

#tile-61 .tile-primary {font-size: 26px !important; }
#tile-61 .tile-primary:after {font-size: 14px; content: ' %' !important; }

1 Like

Very nice!
I have resisted CSS...until now.
I just cut and paste your stuff, with a font tweak.
Have no idea what "after" means, but I guess I'll have to read.
Would be nice to get the battery % on the same tile, without "investing" in a tile design app, or whatnot.
Also, I think I'll get rid of the "tank gauge" on the device name. I've been getting too wordy for the tiles' dimensions.

1 Like

Again, totally not knowing what I'm doing:

1 Like

I'm not sure if this is the kind of tile design app you referenced, and while I am not using it now I used to use Tile Master. You can squeeze a few values into one tile rather nicely...

Me too.
I don't know if it's justified, but I'm trying to avoid as much overhead memory use as possible.
I'm not a stickler for looks, more functionality.

Same here - ditched anything I added when it was new and shiny if I didn't really need it. And went with stock drivers/apps wherever possible even if they lacked extra features. Never had a problem, but I think I have a high number of devices and I just want them to work without hassle.

2 Likes

On another note, the temperature tracks my weather station's number pretty well.
I just hope the erroneous readings of temp and level don't become a major thing.

I wouldn't use that, it would actually reduce battery life.

Can you put the device into debug logging, and post the descMap live log when it reports 82%?

If you don't need temp reporting, try turning it off.
I don't know if the interval is hard coded or not.

Sure, but doesn't that usually time out after 20 minutes?

It's been good for 24 hours now; no erroneous readings. Fingers crossed.

I kind of like it. Reports track chosen device parameters, plus the temp seems accurate, based on my weather station.
The other person with this sensor on the forum said on the other thread that his device is reporting hourly, as set, with outages of 3-5 hours the last two over nights.

It reports tank level every 12 hours; not battery %.

@mike.maxwell ,

It happened again.
First, it seems the temperature reports an erroneous number, lower than it should be.
Then, three seconds later, tank level is reported to be 82%.
Then, 27 seconds later, tank level is reported to be the correct 75%.
Then, 10 minutes later, the correct temperature number is reported.

@mike.maxwell , is it possible to keep debug logging turned on so I can capture the event?

Geez, I just missed turning debug logging on for another one:

Another one.
I have a notification set up now to tell me when it goes to 82%.
Missed it with the debug log.
The max 30 minute debug is limiting; any way to extend, temporarily?
27 seconds for level self correction.
10 minutes for temperature self correction.

I may have figured it out:
Set driver to "Device".
Delete scheduled jobs.
Set driver back to original.

1 Like

Thatโ€™s why I set up the default time for the automatic switching off of the Debug logs to 24 hours, instead of 30 minutes. Half an hour is not enough time to track issues like battery reporting as an example.

Have you considered moving to Texas? we only get snow every 9 or 10 years. hahaha

@mike.maxwell , I managed to capture a debug log of the event.
I included some later entries because I thought they looked weird.

2 Likes

The 82% value seems invalid and will be removed in the next platform release.
The temperature value is valid, so I can't do anything about that.

2 Likes