Issue with Zooz ZEN25 plugs

I received my Hubitat today.

Initially everything seemed to work fine. All devices paired.
However, then I noticed the groovy errors with the ZEN25 (already reported and on the todo list, not a problem, just a bit of logspam I guess).

After this, I noticed I can change the LEDs on the plug to turn off after 5 seconds of a state change. Perfect, makes the plugs less annoying. So I set that option, clicked save.
Now, once that happened, the plug kept randomly turning off and on (under load from my desktop PC, which is certainly nowhere near the 10A current limit, it isn't even 5A when idle like it was, and I only use one outlet).
I then grabbed another of my outlets, included/paired it. And the PC, again, worked fine for 30 minutes until I reconfigured the LED and clicked save.
This time, I noticed a "reset" button on the master device. Clicking this made it stop randomly turning off and on (but I don't understand what it even resets, as the LEDs are still configured to turn off...).

Is this a known issue or did I misconfigure something?

//EDIT
Correction: After rebooting the hub (and adding new plugs), I have to go through this "reset" button procedure again to prevent the plug from randomly turning off whenever the power draw is like 1-2A (it never turns off with just standby power, or a small desk fan)

I don't know what could cause this even.

What does the "reset" button even do that could resolve this? Does the Hubitat misconfigure the overcurrent protection to be way too low (1-2A)?

//EDIT2

At this point, I don't even know if "reset" fixes the problem and the parameter change causes it...
I see nothing in events of the socket even turning off at all.

//EDIT3
I give up (for now anyway). I paired the plugs with my SmartThings instead. No random turning off or on anymore. I love the idea of the Hubitat being all local processing, but it just seems to not work well with my sockets... If there is a firmware update that fixes the issue, I'd be glad to re-test, but until then...

//EDIT4
Worthy of note: This bug causes the socket to turn itself off and then immediately back on. You can hear the relay click twice very rapidly.

//EDIT5
I have also tried using the alternative custom driver posted on this forum ( [OBSOLETE] Zooz Double Plug ).
However, I can only change the parent device's type. I cannot change the components, or remove and recreate them.
I tried excluding the device and re-including it, but that defaults to the built-in driver and creates the wrong components again...

1 Like

Not that this is helpful but you are not alone. I use the Zen25 to power two TV's so that I can change the scene in the room when I turn on the screen. Randomly at night I will hear a click and a flashing light for 5 seconds then nothing. On my other TV, it randomly powers down causing the TV to turn off while I am watching something. I would love them to figure out what is causing this.

I just reset my habitat to factory today because all of my devices decided to shop accepting commands. A soft reset did not work either. Adding 30 Zwave devices one at a time is such a pain in the butt.

I have two zen25s and they both exhibit an extra brief flicker of turning Christmas lights on and off. I just reset and reinstalled the devices earlier today and the issue is already back within a couple hours.

In addition, one of them has already stopped reporting changes, so it requires a manual refresh after turning it on or off. This is after verifying it was working correctly after reinstallation.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Is this just the price that has to be paid for not buying a more expensive plug?

1 Like

Mine are doing the same things. I have excluded them and won't be adding them back until there's some mention of them in the patch notes. They are unstable, and seem to be causing fairly large latency on my Z-wave network

https://community.hubitat.com/t/incident-zooz-double-plug-model-zen25/58017/69

You should check out this thread to hopefully make it work better until the issues can be resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.