Issue adding Sonoff S31 Lite Zigbee Smart Plug to C-8 Hub

This is a crazy solution. The C-8 should just work. I would like to hear from @support_team as to a real fix rather than the hoops people are going through. Also, if there was a way to transfer the device between my c5 and c8, that would be at least a start.

1 Like

LoL :crazy_face: I bet if you roll back to like .113 things would get a lot better. They're doing some really weird stuff with the Zigbee.

Are all the zigbee controllers running on different channels? If not, you expect pairing problems.

I have my two hubs on the opposite ends of the channel spectrum

Good Point, though mine are running on different channels. First thing I make sure of whenever I turn on the Zigbee radio.

I have a sonoff dongle P version coordinator running on home assistant VM that you can pair any of these problem devices with without doing any crazy one legged jumping jacks. :crazy_face: I'm thinking it's a chipset problem in the C8. There's known issues with it. I'm sure the hubitat team will get it all straightened out soon.

1 Like

I have 3 of these connected as routers to my C-8 and have had zero problems with devices staying connected for the past month. They really seem to shine on the C-8. I also am not having any problems pairing devices as they seem to always join through one of the dongles.

1 Like

It's not just a sonoff outlets either it's all types of devices. I'm guessing the Hubitat team needs to pick their poison with the Stacks. Either have some motion or whatever battery powered sensors drop off most likely because of not so great repeaters or bad mesh. Or go with the new stack and not be able to pair many devices. You could pair all the devices I tested 2 weeks ago, what gives now?

Here's an example Video of of the C8 with the new stack and Home Assistant with a sonoff dongle P coordinator pairing the same sonoff Zigbee outlet. C8's Zigbee radio was reset before trying to pair.
Sonoff outlet won't finalize paring with C8 Works Fine with HA

Oh and what's up with the C5/C7 Zigbee Polling now? Somethings changed my batteries are getting hammered. Can we get an option to turn it off? Or am I mistaken and everything is the same?

nothings changed in this regard.

so far we aren't able to reproduce this issue.

1 Like

The problem is these people were the ones with the issue. I had at least four sonoff outlets paired to a c8 just last week with no issues. Now they won't pair on a fresh C8 Zigbee radio. I replicated the same problem these guys are having.I can get them to join if I rebuild the network right before pairing. video/this thread shows what's going on.

Yeah, i get that.
The issue is that we need to be able to reproduce it and capture the frames while its happening, otherwise there's no way to determine what's going on...

1 Like

Can you explain this to me? How are they added? What device type? Thanks.

You flash them with the router firmware and as soon as you start the flash, hit add Zigbee device on the Hubitat hub, because they only stay in pairing mode for about 5 seconds after the flash (at least that’s what it seems like). The hub will find it as a “device” and it doesn’t need any driver, but you can use the ikea signal repeater driver if you want. @danabw wrote up an in depth guide to flashing them if you aren’t already familiar with that.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Holy Wah!!! I just added the c8 to my home set up. It is the first Hubitat product that I've tried and was, at one point, on the verge of losing my cool. I had ordered the S31 ZB plugs when I ordered the C8. I have primarily used HomeKit for my smart home stuff but that has historically kept most all of the affordable ZB & ZW devices just out of reach. Anyway, I have spent 2 days trying to get these s31 plugs to connect to the c8 and have tried every suggestion that I have found in these forums with no success. Then I happened upon your post talking about plugging 2 s31s in next to each other and how your c8 was finally able to see and add them. After 2 frustrating days of trying every other "logical" idea out there in every variation that I could think of, I threw my hands in the air and tried your little trick. Low and behold my c8 found and added each of the s31s with no problems. Thank you for posting your solution because I was on the verge of writing off Hubitat as just another half baked product that falls short of its potential. Its working for now and I hope it improves as they continue to grow.

1 Like

Awesome. Im really pleased to hear it worked for you too.

I now have about a dozen Zigbee devices, including Sonoff, Sengled bulbs, and a tuya presence sensor installed, and the mesh seems really solid. another 10 or so Z wave all seem to be working well at the moment

Tp link wifi app integration also working well

Next is for me to try to het a zigbee powerbar with usb from amazon working as it is not so far

1 Like

Absolutely Crazy right :crazy_face:

1 Like

I think I actually scoffed at the notion of adding a second "pairing" plug as a solution... but as it turned out, its GENIUS! :flushed:

1 Like

@gopher.ny @mike.maxwell

This seems interesting...adding a second plug in pairing mode seems to have helped two users get difficult devices to pair. FWIW...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.