Is Zigbee Fixed on the C8?

no the problems are still there - I have just given up and reverted back to my C7 where everything works.
the C8 simply refuses to pair with any zigbee device or new old - at first I sent back the new devices claiming they did not work. feel a little foolish now.

and if any existing devices needs resetting you can say goodbye to that. unless you go back to C7 where everything works

this is ruining the name ofhubitat

2 Likes

have you tried add any new zigbee devices?
I migrated and thought everything went well - then I tried to add a new device.
then an existing device stopped working - many reboots, upgrades later I have given up and went back to the C7 where everything is working

2 Likes

That’s brightened my evening up :joy:

1 Like

They are all new zigbee devices as I was all zwave on the c7’s.
Since the last release I have been pairing and unpairing devices between hubs nine stop. Between c7 and c8 and to the same device.
The c7’s would not pair zigbee at all at one point. After the last release all hubs appear to be working fine and a Sonoff temp sensor that just stoped reporting or dropped off. Not sure which has now been solid for about 4 days.
One thing I did notice was that on one of the older versions if you unpaired a device it appeared to release it from the hub but after a few flashes the device led went solid like it’ll was paired. I tried factory reset and it would flash 5 times and the go solid. This would not then pair. I powered down the hub that it had been paired to and magically it was then able to pair with another hub.

On the c8’s I did a complete reset on all radios and a soft reset after the last update and a soft reset on the c7’s (no radio reset obviously as all the current network was on these) and to be honest it’s been stable since.

I have probably just jinxed myself. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Added both an Iris V2 contact and a V3 motion sensor without issue post migration. That was back on 2.3.5.121 or earlier.

1 Like

@bobbyD
I did this yesterday afternoon and have been checking. No new events so far. I will report back if it happens again.

2 Likes

OK, so after updating to 2.3.5.125, all my Iris 3210-L Zigbee Outlets (plugs) are reporting this in the logs:

DID NOT PARSE MESSAGE for description : catchall: 0000 0001 00 00 0040 00 6994 00 00 0000 00 00 8000000000

@mike.maxwell @bravenel @bobbyD

I have two of those and my logs are not showing that message.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 8.07.23 PM

dev:1998 2023-04-16 08:05:19.081 PM info Kids Fan Outlet 5 was turned on [digital]
dev:1998 2023-04-16 08:05:17.971 PM info Kids Fan Outlet 5 was turned off [digital]
dev:1998 2023-04-16 02:16:59.570 PM info Kids Fan Outlet 5 is on [physical]

I removed then re-paired my 3210-L (vs -L2) to be "Iris Smart Plug"

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 8.11.43 PM

And can confirm the Warning message:

Only during the Pairing operation or Configure.

Mine have always used the Iris community driver by shackrat. This is the first time I've ever seen those warn messages.

I have 5 of these and they're now spamming the logs;

These are ZDO messages and are typically ignored in drivers, these aren't anything new or specific to a C8, we've been passing ZDO messages to drivers for some time now.

These frames are not a cause for logging a warning message.

1 Like

You can import an updated version that "hides" the message:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/csteele-PD/Hubitat-public/master/Iris-Smart-Plug/Iris-Smart-Plug.groovy

3 Likes

You’re the best. I’ve been seeing those errors in the log for years and just ignoring it. Now the driver can ignore it for me.

1 Like

@bobbyD bobbyD
I did power cycle as suggested, but still Experiencing the Zigbee offline/online events.

I’m running into issues pair Aqara devices. I have upgraded to .125 still issues. Down graded to .148 same issue. Thoughts?

I have six or seven Aqara contact sensors, three Aqara buttons. I paired all three buttons and two of the contact sensors after I got the C8, the rest were migrated from C7. So based on my experience I know the Aqara gear can be paired.

What devices are you trying to pair?

I'd return to .125 unless you find something particularly better on .148, .125 has changes that should make things better overall on Zigbee. (YYMV, of course.)

Something you could try, a step or further than just a hub reboot:

1. Use the Zigbee Rebuild network option on the Zigbee Details page
  2. Shut down hub, remove power after red LED appears. Wait a minute. Plug in hub again and lt it boot up.
  3. Go back to Zigbee Details select the Reboot radio option to reboot your Zigbee radio. (Just Reboot, don't rebuild again).

Then try to add the devices...

I will give that a try. I migrated for my c7 to a c8. My existing aqara/xiaomi devices moved over. It’s just new devices aren’t pairing. I’m trying to pair a button and motion sensor.

1 Like

No guarantees, but might clear a few cobwebss...if you have success adding one or more and then get stuck again, you could try repeating that dance.

When did you migrate? Wondering how long your system has been up on the C8.

If it doesn't help, I'm not sure what else to try until we get an updated FW release w/more Zigbee adjustments...

Thanks Dan but that was a no go. I have had it for about a month. Both sensors are xiaomi devices. I have some of the devices already paired as they were connected to my c7.

1 Like

A lot of people have the aqara and xiaomi stuff drop off. They don't quite properly follow the zigbee protocol 100%. People have used ikea repeaters to stabelize... YMMV.... I gave up on them and sonoff. I got Moes and they've been rock solid.

My current ones are rock solid with no ikea repeaters. Just can’t add any new ones since the switch to c8