Iris Smart Button

I know everyone hates these things, but my boy has one, loves it, and I'd like to migrate his room next. Only a z-wave motion sensor, zigbee light and this button. I copied the ST code over but again ran into something I don't understand.

import physicalgraph.zigbee.zcl.DataType

This is the second zigbee device I've not been able to get working, I assume because of this. Is this just an include file with additional zigbee details that ST had in the cloud? Does it need to be reproduced in the Hubitat hub itself?

Change is to com.hubitat.zigbee.DataType

We are actively working on supporting all the Iris key fobs and buttons. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

Has there been any status update on this? Thanks

Which device are you trying to get working?, we have two built in drivers for these already (deployed at least a month ago), the single button non fob and both the 4 button fobs...

Iris Smart Fob (4 button). Thanks

Should work fine.

Cool. However, I've tried it many times, but it doesn't pick it up. I've properly excluded the device from ST, but Hubitat doesn't see it. I've even done the reset on it by removing the battery, waiting 10 secs and pressing a button 8 times successively with a second between each press. If I attempt to pair it back to ST, it finds it right away. I don't add it though. That was just a test to see. I've brought the FOB next to the hub as well to be sure.

Do you have any zigbee bulbs paired directly to hubitat?, if it's not even being discovered even as a device it's a zigbee network issue, ie not enough repeaters or a bad one in the lot.

Yes. I have Hue BR30's along the ceiling of the entire house all paired to Hubitat. Keep in mind, I mentioned I tried to pair it next to the hub as well and also that ST is finding it all the way across the house and it no longer has the zigbee mesh (since I moved it to Hubitat). So, all in all, it much more in favor of working on the Hubitat

Try factory reset, then remove the battery for at least 10 seconds. Also, try waiting a bit longer for discovery.

Hi. If you read my prior post, you'll find I explained that in detail, that I did that :slight_smile:

Apologies. It's late and I missed that.

Ok, I've mentioned before how problematic zigbee bulbs can be when used as routers, not like you have much of a choice if you deploy them. So here's a little story from the Maxwell dev lab, which usually has a smattering of who knows what paired to it.
Anyway this particular day I could not for the life of me get an iris contact to pair. Sensor was literally a foot from the hub... I fire up the sniffer, and low and behold, the contact is routing through a osram bulb. The bulb is routing the contacts anouncments to the hub, the hub sends the join response to the bulb, which should send it to the contact...
And guess what?, it isnt...
So the ui is in the spin cycle and can't get past the 64 bit address portion of the join.
I unscrew the stupid bulb and the sensor completes pairing in under 5 seconds like they usually do.

1 Like

Yeah, you're correct in the, "not that you have that much of a choice" statement. :slight_smile: Anyway, still ST hasn't that issue under the same setup. One thing I could try is cutting the power to all those bulbs, but sheesh that seems a bit nutty. Doesn't mean I can try it, but it'll have to be in a special time of day, as I'm sure you might imagine. Other things are on those breakers as well. Hopefully there's some other option here. Honestly, I'd just not use it before it may turn into a larger headache than it's worth.

Just sayin, the hub has no control over which device decides to be a router for another device. If a device finds a router and decides to use it, and then doesn't do it's job, there is nothing any hub can do about that.
In my experience pairing zigbee devices on Hubitat, and I've probably paired over 300 at this point. Only two things will prevent pairing a device in situ, not enough routers, or bad routers...

1 Like

Can you move the Hubitat to a different room for a test of the hypothesis? If you get far enough from the device that's routing NOW, it will route a different way and might take the same path ST did.

1 Like

Understood. I've just never had the issue. I've also got several Iris devices that I moved over from ST to Hubitat. Never had an issue till now though. ST still finds it with no issue, so given it'd be a problem with how the zigbee router selection occurs and not a the hub, I'd think ST wouldn't see it either?

Sure. I could try that tomorrow in a more opportune time.

Sure st has no problem now, since all your bulbs are on hubitat...
Routers only route for hubs they are paired to.