Inovelli RGBW LED Strip Individually Addressable-From our favorite company

But are the effects as good as the famous piano light?

2 Likes

Speechless...

:wink:

Luckily these effects are intentional. :smiley:

1 Like

And i'm assuming that should be able to set this parameter some how in a dashboard tile!
Thats'll be good enough for me to start with.

Yeah, not clear yet on how the pixel effects would be called from an app. Wonder if this will take app updates to take advantage of this option...

Should be able to call a custom driver action via RM at least.

1 Like

Could do it similar to the way the lock codes were updated in this thread:

@Eric_Inovelli @bcopeland

Just noticed an issue when selecting the light strip as a dimmer in an app...happens in multiple apps.

When you open the list of Dimmers the Inovelli light strip is listed twice. See example from the Motion Lighting app:

Verified I only have one light strip entry on my hub, no dupes.

Was going to test if one or both worked, but just noticed that if you pick one of them, and then re-open the list, both are now selected.

@ericm - tagging you for reference :wink:

1 Like

Whoop. Mine arrived today. Aside from the fact I got a clearly repackaged product with the cardboard dividers having tears in them already, everything seems to be here.

Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do.

1 Like

You are in for some fun...these are really cool.

1 Like

One day the USPS will get their act together and the package will leave the distribution center... day 4 of no movement.

1 Like

you sir are so right. Paired right up without issue. Aside from the fact I am just realizing I barely understand this fancy thing I bought, just clicking through the built in effects on the device page is satisfying lol. Makes me wish I had bought everything to extend it completely during the preorder pricing.

Even my little one told me it was cool...

2 Likes

#46 is missing. We need a red, white, blue pattern...

2 Likes

I promise it wasn't repackaged -- we just got them off the truck and mailed them out. Sometimes those dividers get tears in them (at least they have this issue for our switches, I haven't seen any on the lightstrip yet, but it sounds like that's the case as you experienced it :frowning: )

LOL -- yeah that's our bad -- we didn't have the knowledge-base article up yet. I just created some last night that should help:

Thanks all for your support!

2 Likes

Is there any details on what configurations are supported with the L and T connectors? I guess it doesn't matter since they are not available, but I'm not sure if i should order them or not as i have been unable to find details on what they can or can't do.

Hope you guys are having fun with your new toy. :wink: Looks like mine is stuck in USPS hell. Mail just arrived and still not here. At least by the time it arrives, most of the 'How do I...' questions will be answered, lol.

January 12, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

There is no worse private hell than the "...will arrive later than expected..." hell. :wink:

I'm really hoping you'll be able to add access to the Pixel Effects in Event Engine when your LED strip arrives and you can see how it works. (Where is that begging emoji when I need it... :wink: )

USPS has become very unreliable these days..

2 Likes

Sure -- can you elaborate? They will just make it easier for the lightstrips to bend around corners. The addressability is maintained using them :slight_smile: -- sorry, just unloaded a large truck so I may not be thinking straight!

1 Like

Must be regional differences...they've been very good here in SoCal, I haven't had any packages held up/delayed, everything has arrived as expected (knock on wood/head).

@Eric_Inovelli, I think that's what I needed to hear, that they just connect the strips, and the addressability and functions are maintained as if it's all one strip.

I am interested in what happens when a function gets to a T connector. What does it do as it goes out the left and right arms of the T at the top when it's doing a chase or other moving action. Would love to see a video of how that works. Goes out to each end and then returns back, I assume. That sounds like it will look very cool.