Inovelli RGBW LED Strip Individually Addressable-From our favorite company

Must be regional differences...they've been very good here in SoCal, I haven't had any packages held up/delayed, everything has arrived as expected (knock on wood/head).

@Eric_Inovelli, I think that's what I needed to hear, that they just connect the strips, and the addressability and functions are maintained as if it's all one strip.

I am interested in what happens when a function gets to a T connector. What does it do as it goes out the left and right arms of the T at the top when it's doing a chase or other moving action. Would love to see a video of how that works. Goes out to each end and then returns back, I assume. That sounds like it will look very cool.

FORever. Even their machinery is faulty. I have informed delivery and can see my mail(scans of letters) before it arrives, and I regularly get scans of other people's mail, which show up in my mailbox.

Yeah it's really strange -- we for sure get tons of complaints from people around USPS and I've heard they're struggling, but I can say that here in West MI, I've never had an issue with them and I get stuff from Amazon almost daily. I think maybe over the last year I've had two issues with them, but the packages just came a couple days late.

We're working on the ability to pay extra for UPS/FedEx, but for the light weight of the products we have, it's way more cost effective to ship USPS (especially when we're eating that cost typically).

Awesome :slight_smile:

Yeah definitely - sorry for the crappy vids, we'll take some better ones later:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kH521NtvVE8-mgZ_J2dcSiNtZSnbs-2y?usp=sharing

Also, threw in a joke around shipping on the police one -- I promise it's in good fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw mention of a beta app made by innovelli in previous posts. How does one go about requesting access?

1 Like

Love the sound effects... :crazy_face:

1 Like

Eric:

A couple quick feedbacks on the new support page for Hubitat (and thanks for that!):

Link to the calculator isn't working for me:

Also, the last bullet in Quick Effects makes it sound like you have to use Rule Machine to make use of the Quick Effects...

• That is it for the Quick Effect. Feel free to use this child device in Rule Machine to create an automation where if motion is detected, this child device will turn on.

As far as I've seen they can be used in any app/automation where switches are exposed, which means pretty much anywhere, e.g., Simple Automations:

Sorry - One of my hats was I used to manage teams that created support docs, so can't help myself. :slight_smile:

Me too...I suspect me-all-of-us too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm.... I'll have to find it lol!

I think what we were going to do was create a lighting app, but @ericm got a tad overwhelmed with other work so we opted to use Nathan Fiscus's web app in conjunction with the driver.

But we may have some downtime between innovation projects, so if the lightstrip takes off, maybe we can bring something to the drawing board!

Thanks, my bad -- Zoho is weird sometimes in that it adds random spaces in URL's (not sure why). I think I fixed it, but let me know if you run into the same issue.

Thanks for this -- honestly, I'm not as familiar with HE as I should be and I tried to throw something up as best as I could. I think you're right -- I'll have to play around with it a bit more today/tomorrow and update the KB Article. I had a question for the other Eric around Custom Effects too that I need to update.

It's all good -- I actually appreciate it! I think I wrote that article around 1:30am last night so I'm thankful for the proofing errors lol

2 Likes

Works perfectly now. Thanks! One other suggestion - set the link so it opens in a new tab - currently it opens in the current tab, which takes you out of the support page flow. :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying that. I promise I won't go hacking into your web site to find the mysterious beta app. :wink:

Been there, done that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

EDIT: Tried this again today, @Eric_Inovelli, and it's working. Maybe I had an extra space somewhere when I put in the custom effect numbers? Anyway, it worked today so no issue.

Eric:

I could not get a custom effect I created to run...here's what I did, and parameter values I received. I enter the parameters in the StartCustomEffect field (commas, no spaces) and when I click the button nothing happens w/the strip. Strip works fine w/the pixel effect next button...my usual question at this point is "What did I do wrong?" :slight_smile:

mine are paired and running...and i love them. Not sure where they are going yet.
But i do have a question. I know one of the posts talked about future opportunity to use the controllers on a generic addressable light strip. I'm likely using the 3 strips i bought with the kits to run under a counter...but that will leave me with 2 spare controllers ( nope...not selling the spares:) Can you tell me what type of strip that is please? I recall seeing a video with Nathan and it was noted you're using an RGBTW strip. Very little info on that..and when you start doing the research there is RGB RGBW RGBWW WLED, RGBCCT, RGB+CCT, and if i heard right RGBTW. Love these but would also like an inexpensive option for the strips to utilize the spare controllers i have. Cheers
Mac

For example, can the L connector be used to turn in either direction, or does it only let you take corners clockwise? Do the T connectors let you split to both the left and the right, or only to the right and continue straight? Can you use the connectors to make a continuous loop (square) or does each branch need an end?

Gotta say, good questions. :slight_smile:

By this do you mean can you connect to the bottom of the T and then split L/R on the two top connectors on the T, vs. connecting to the left top of the T and then continuing on the right top of the T, and connecting to the bottom of the T, as in the video Eric shared (below)?

I had to read that 3 times..
Yes.. i think.. :thinking:

1 Like

I had to write it six times. :wink:

1 Like

I FINALLY got mine in the mail today!! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Can't talk right now, must play!

:grin:

5 Likes

Karnak says " Good things are coming our way, via bptworld"

2 Likes

I finally had tracking update on mine, they made it to a distribution center in the state now. Should only be a couple more days at this point!

1 Like

Inovelli is making LED strips that bend to your designs @ CES 2020

Play time is pretty cool w/these...way more fun than anything I've added to my mesh in ages, likely ever.

I'm looking forward to access to the LED strip cool features (e.g., pixel effects, custom effects) coming to EE in the future. :smiley:

3 Likes