Inovelli RGBW LED Strip Individually Addressable-From our favorite company

So many meanings...so many opportunities.... LOL

S.

1 Like

I got them but was really disappointed that what appeared to me as included, the connectors are not included and are very overpriced. 6.50 for one "T" connector and 4.50 for an "L".
I'm returning mine.

I have a C5 that i don't believe supports the QR code scanning.....any tricks to pair these? Mine won't pair based on the directions of power on / select pairing mode / press the A button 3 times.
Cheers

Yup...there was a rather involved discussion earlier that yo must have missed about that, someone else was also confused about them being included.

At this point I think I'm likely only going to have one of these, as I have about 9 or 10 sets of 16' Sylvania LED strips that I purchased previously for various projects, including a new walk-in closet for my wife. Having this one to play with and figure out a fun use for will be enjoyable.

Got them today...Trying to pair to get started but having difficulties.
will reboot the hub and move the strip closer to the hub.
Excited!

FWIW, mine paired right up to my C7 from about 30'+ feet away from the hub through a closed door, so distance wasn't an issue for me.

1 Like

Distance has never been an issue per se other than a few finickey power plugs. Doing a reboot on the hub to start fresh. If that doesnt work then i'll move closer.
These are compatible with a C5 i hope.
Mac

I haven't seen anything about them that would require a C7...Z-Wave should "just work."

If a regular reboot doesn't help, you can also try a shut down of your hub, then pull power from the hub (at the wall plug, not at the hub itself) and then restart.

The documentation on Inovelli web site notes to install an LZw42 driver. The link for using the strip however lists that driver and instructions as an RGB bulb...not strip.
Did you have to install a custom driver?
Thanks

@bertabcd1234 posted ithe link to the Inovelli LED strip (LZW45) driver above...that's what I'm using. :slight_smile:

Yeah the reason they are priced higher is bc (to my knowledge) they actually have an IC chip in them (in other words, they're not just a piece of plastic with wiring) but rather they have to have a special chip inside of them to help with the addressability. I've not cracked one open to check, but this is what we've been told by the manufacturer as I definitely agree with you -- you can pick up the cheap/wire ones on Amazon for pennies.

Yeah apologies -- we were building the plane while flying it and forgot about tidying up the website (working on it now).

@danabw has the correct link :slight_smile: (thanks!)

2 Likes

I have a few of these in my cart. How do they show off the 700 series capabilities? Thinking about adding a C7 but don't really have a reason to ATM my Zwave network has never been more stable and responsive don't really want to mess up a good thing.

We had that same issue frequently at my old company...all hands on deck to get the product to customers, which tends to leave support/documentation catching up later. :wink:

Waiting patiently (well sort of, also a bit of an impatient five-year old in me) :wink: for this page to get it's HE updates, and for the LED strip app for HE to get released. :smiley:

2 Likes

Got the beta driver from Git Hub.....paired and turns on and off.....now to find some time and do some stunt rolls with the new plane!

1 Like

:joy:

Be awesome if someone did a tutorial video.....ive just cycled through the 46 pixel options (awesome) and haven't scratched the surface yet on all the configurations.

Huh? Not sure what you mean by this. Feel like I'm missing something..."pile options" are ?

1 Like

haha....i really need to learn to type!
Pixel

Just type in a number between 1 and 46 and you get different sequences.
Seems that after you set the base color it will rotate through the different sequences with your preset as the main color. ( Pixel start effect...far right)
I also played a little with the Pixel effect next...which also sequences through the different pre set options

Cheers

1 Like

Maybe these:

OMG...mind blown. Somehow I did not know about these, hadn't seen them.

I need a pill or something, heart racing...

4 Likes