Inovelli NZW37 not refreshing/reporting switch state

Hubitat Rocks!! Just wanted to get that out of the way first.
I have a few of the Inovelli NZW37 switches that are physically functioning great and are following all of their assigned rules without fail. They just don't like to report their current switch states to 'Devices' and subsequently their respective dashboard tiles. They have the latest and greatest drivers and paired fully. I can't blame the mesh because one is sitting 10 feet from the HE Hub.
Any ideas?
By the way...did I mention that Hubitat Rocks!!

perhaps tag @ericm :slight_smile: he knows Inovelli apparently.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What driver are you using? Be very specific, there is multiple similar drivers.

Parent and Child from latest on Git.

Inovelli 2-Channel Smart Plug NZW37

• github: Eric Maycock (erocm123)
  • Date: 2018-06-05
  • Copyright Eric Maycock
1 Like

So I figured out a temporary workaround for this issue, at least for when the Inovelli channel is being handled by a rule in the RM. Create a custom command of 'Refresh()' in the RM. Then, assign that additional 'custom command action' for any rule where the Inovelli channel is being called.

I'm seeing this same issue. Will see if the refresh workaround works for me.

Maybe the new polling app introduced in HE would be better for this. Apparently it does it more efficiently than using RM. Might want to look at that.

Sorry that I missed this. Is this when you push the button manually or are they not updating when controlled via Hubitat? Parent or child devices or both?

@ericm I was experiencing the same. I've added a rule to refresh the devices and seems to be working ok now. It was definitely not refreshing for child devices. Not sure about parent but can try to repo by turning off my rule if you need me to verify.

Thanks @dustin. Was it just when you pressed the button on the device that it wasn't refreshing or when you were controlling it through Hubitat?

The child devices via Hubitat for starters. I'd have to verify the other scenario and whether the Parent is involved as well. Just like the child...blame it on the Parent. Haaaaa!

2 Likes

Can you look in the device info page and make sure your actual association for group 1 looks like this?

Yes sir it does,,,

+1 - mine shows the same.

Man, this is really strange. I'm having a hard time replicating this. So if I go press the button (1x for both channels, 2x for channel 1, and 3x for channel 2) everything is updating correctly.

Also, if I click "ON" on the parent, it turns on both children and both children show ON in Hubitat. Same works for "OFF". If I turn one of the children up by itself then its status gets updated in Hubitat as well as the parent.

Can one of you start a PM with me and send the logs for the following:

Turn the NZW37 on phsically:

1 tap on
1 tap off
2 tap turn channel 1 on
2 tap turn channel 1 off
3 tap turn channel 2 on
3 tap turn channel 2 off

Turn the NZW37 on through HE:

Parent on
Parent off
Channel 1 on
Channel 1 off
Channel 2 on
Channel 2 off

Wait a few seconds in between actions so they can stand out in the logs. Thanks!

1 Like

@ericm sorry just saw this. I will work on getting you logs and PM over to you. May be tomorrow before I get to it. Thanks!

Oh Mannn...same here...slipped by me somehow. I'll try and get you some info as well.

Awesome, thanks guys.

@john.hart3706 @dustin
Were you guys able to resolve this? I just noticed I'm not getting states updated. I could make a rule to refresh but thought I's see if there was another solution.

Thanks

I got sidetracked on building out new devices so haven't had time to test this on my side. I've just left the refresh rule in place to handle the state change updates.

1 Like