Inovelli Blue

I completely agree - Eric definitely has shown himself to be very upfront about things going on with Inovelli. I hope they can get through this rough patch... I think the quality/design of their products is top notch.

2 Likes

Just started installing my Blue switches tonight. So far really happy.

Does the LED bar work differently in hubitat now? It didn't generate a child device during setup like my red dimmers (I think that's how it used to work IIRC). I'd like to incorporate the bar into some of my rules so it matches the color of other lights that I'm using the switch to control. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm still going through the instructions and trying to understand which parts work differently from the Red switches.

Thanks!

Also, is the button mapping the same as the reds? I configured some actions off of "button 7 pushed" but it's not doing anything when I push the config button on the switch

From Rule Machine, the “ledEffectAll()” custom action will be required. The following is how I set it up - I set the values in variables first, but this is not required.

3 Likes

I preordered 20 of the things all the way back in May and haven’t heard a peep about shipping and this man already has them installed. :man_facepalming:

They're making their way through. Eric already posted about it

They had a lot of pre-orders, so it will take a while for them to work through them all. I ordered mine in April, and they were shipped yesterday.

2 Likes

I’m jealous! Ordered in April, but we will getting our orders later in Canada than in the US I think… :frowning:

1 Like

To answer my own question, the config button is mapped to "button 8 pushed" now

Is there documentation on the LED effects somewhere? I'm still trying to figure that out..

For folks who use double-tap actions on your Blue(s), is the "Button 2 - pushed" setting working for you within Button Controller ?

That should equate to a double-tap on the upper paddle, but it's not working for me.

Probably some kind of operator error, since this is the first one I've installed so far.

Just got my switches!! Was surprised to discover the switch has a relay click when turning on/off. Not a big deal to me, just surprising

No, you're correct. A single or double tap up produced a "button 1 pressed" event even a triple tap was the same. Looks like the driver needs work. Very surprised this was missed by them ,but certain they'll fix it!

I read the manual ! We need to set button press delay, it defaults to 0 and makes multi taps not work. set it to your "quickness" at tapping, I used 300ms.

I've played with delays up to max and still no joy on double-tap. But a hold is fine for me (and that works on the switch), so I'm rolling with that instead.

There's a parameter option to turn the relay sound on or off - works well.

I've just done one switch since mine all delivered late today - I'll tackle more tomorrow.

missed that, like they say RTFM

Thank You

2 Likes

Do you happen to have "Double tap UP to full brightness" turned on? I would assume that disables the scene capability for that button.

That one is just set up as a basic on/off, and I swear in my initial bunglings last night, I saw a parameter option for that double-tap, but it's not available now.

But the switch is working fine overall, and I don't mind using hold instead of double-tap, so not a big deal.

In other news, I'm installing the rest of my Blues (8) and just like that first switch I installed last night, none of the air gaps are working, The line and loads are definitely all wired correctly -- I triple-checked them all, and this is not the first time I've messed around with all of these switches, so I know the wires are all otherwise correct.

But since 7 of these are all on the same circuit, that's making pairing a much bigger pain than I hoped, but so it goes!

ETA -- operator error on the air gaps - I suspected as much since I haven't heard others mention it. You really gotta yank those things pretty hard -- I was only getting them out ~1/2 way initially.

The double tap up parameter actually disappears when on/off is enabled. A lot of them do actually.

2 Likes

Only if using on/off mode. In dimmer mode there isn't a click.

I vaguely remember a lengthy discussion about how the relay would work during development.

1 Like

The muti-tap features worked fine for me.

Only difference vs the reds I found was the mapping of the config button.

I didn't test the mapping of held and released yet though

It's too bad the inputs can't automatically be labeled in button manager but I imagine that's a limitation of the platform or how the inputs are recognized in hubitat?

Or even if that info would show up on the device page somewhere it'd be very helpful

Yeah, I have that button-mapping translation table saved -- it's a lifesaver.

Double-taps are working fine on a couple of my other Blues, so I'll have to revisit that first one sometime.

In Button Controller, I use the Notes field to document what I'm using in that particular setup -- "1/push = upper singe-tap" etc.

I'm using Hold/Release to control dimming of a couple Hues bulbs on one of my Blues -- works well. I experimented with binding some INNR bulbs in that spot, but decided against it. The binding itself worked fine, I just like the Hues better and there's no noticeable reaction delay using them unbinded.

Overall, I am really loving these switches -- super flexible!!

1 Like

Hello @Sebastien, I just received my Blues and I've been trying to replicate my alarm arm and disarmed led effects I used on my reds when I stumbled upon your comment. Can you shed any more light on how to accomplish sending custom LED effects? When I choose Actuator and custom command I only have the ledEffectAll and ledEffectOne. I am using the Inovelli Dimmer 2-in-1 Blue Series VZM31-SN driver code. Any help would be appreciated.

I setup mine in Rule Machine, using the Run Custom Command, then chose “ledEffectAll()” with the 4 parameters as described. Where are you getting stuck?

1 Like