Inovelli 4 in 1 Sensor now available

Inovelli's new 4-in-1 Sensor is available to purchase from Amazon, with a January 13th 'in stock' date listed.

I've been wanting to get a lux sensor anyway, so I just put in an order for one and should have it this time next week. I probably should have just looked for a zigbee lux sensor instead, as I have a ton more zigbee than zwave, but I like Inovelli's stuff so far and am happy to give their offering a try anyway.

2 Likes

Too bad it's not on their website yet! I just pre-ordered their fan/light combo to replace my Hampton Bay (it's been good since the antenna replacement, so I'm really just looking for the additional features like scenes and notifications on the Inovelli switch), and this would have brought me over the limit for free shipping (which I confess I bought a Z-Wave smart bulb to do, just to see how it works, even though I know they're eventually making Zigbee ones...).

Whoa! That's a big sensor!

Almost 19 pounds! :joy:

When you put it that way, it me feel like I’m really getting my money’s worth!

I decided to give one a try. I hope the tiles hold up!

12 Likes

:crazy_face: hope they are not using CR type of battery.

:point_up_2::rofl::rofl:

I just got one and can not figure out how to install it into hubitat. There website talks about it, stating to follow a link, but its not active. Everything else I see is learning it into smarthings (do not have)

It seems I need to download (or cut/paste) some driver code, but have never done this and cant seem to find a tutorial.

Edit:
Copy and pasted the code from this page (Hubitat/Drivers at master · InovelliUSA/Hubitat · GitHub) and then applied them to the device, but it doesnt seem to be working. first time doing anything like this with.
Any advice?

Cheers.

Did you hit "configure"?

edit: I am using @bcopeland's drivers but should be the same... I have 3 in my basement working fine.. mine are usb powered.

This shows a app install.

Driver upload is similar, but no need to install it like an app.

1 Like

Also you may have to press the button just before pairing/hitting configure. They are "sleepy" devices..

There is an alternative driver here:

2 Likes

Ah ha. did not hit configure on the device.

Seems to be good now, gots some playing around to do...

thanks for the swift reply guys! will likely be around here more often as Im stuck at home due to Covid

Cheers!

3 Likes

Do you have Covid?

Does anyone actually know anyone that has it?!?

Nope.

Where I am, we extended the stay at home order until June 12th, our governor is on some power trip, and keeps changing the criteria of when we will all be allowed to get back to normal. Everyone is basically ignoring the stay home order at this point due to the overreach, and nobody knowing anyone who is sick.

1 Like

My wife's cousin's whole family got it. Son was ok but the rest got flu-like symptoms for 2 weeks. My cousin in Sweden just got it and is sick.

Does anyone actually know anyone that has it?!?
[/quote]

A few people from my church have it.

When I switched from Wink to Hubitat about a month ago I ordered a bunch of multi-sensors to see which I liked best, this isn't gonna be a review post...

comparing the 3 I bought and the many Dome sensors I had :

Zooz 4 in 1 $34
Inovelli 4 in 1 $37
Aeotec 6 in 1 $60
Dome Motion/Light Sensors $44

The Inovelli has been by far my favorite, from an aesthetics point of view, its a softly rounded cube with no golf ball dimpled dome, visible holes, or leds, no creepy eyeball styling. It has a smooth opaque flat front. We have almost all our sensors ceiling/corner mounted on a pitched ceiling, the mounting arm for the Inovelli has a good level articulation (although it's not actually made for ceiling mounting, unless pointed straight down)

If I were starting from scratch I'd buy this one for every room.

I do like the articulation of the Dome sensor, and that have worked pretty well over the last view years, but I'll probably start migrating the uglier sensors (Aeotec, Zooz) to places like closets and garages where we won't be looking at them day and and day out.

2 Likes

I just picked up one of these also from Amazon. I didn’t realize it did not have a native built in driver from Hubitat. Is this because it is a relatively new released device? I see many other natively support Inovelli z-wave devices in the HE compatibility list but not this one.

Is there any drawback to the stability of my HE if I used the Inovelli driver by copy/pasting the code or the 3rd party one?