[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

I just got this in yesterday. It has made my network a mess. I have done all the reccomeded steps except check / update the firmware. I think I'm just going to send it back

If you still need a dual z-wave plug, the one linked to below seems to work well with Hubitat:

https://www.amazon.com/channel-Lighting-Appliances-Repeater-MP20Z/dp/B07TF6YN43/

Thanks I was just trying to replace my wifi switches to z wave or zigbee switches. To be honest my wifi switches have been absolutely rock solid. I am just paying with toys lol

I believe this one doesn't measure power.

Yup.

Is that the Z-Wave Plus version or just Z-Wave?.. couldn't tell..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKKT7X7/

The one I linked to (Minoston) is definitely z-wave plus. I'm guessing that EVA LOGIK is the OEM. In any case, the EVA LOGIK driver is automatically chosen in Hubitat.

2 Likes

Ah sorry I missed the logo on the picture!!! Hard to tell sometimes.

1 Like

Looks exactly like my Eva Logik plug...which by the way works great.

2 Likes

@agnes.zooz @bobbyD has any further progress been made pinning down the issue? I have six of these plugs that are essentially paper weights until this is resolved...so you can imagine my anticipation. The workarounds mentioned in this thread are not doing it for me, these plugs are definitely messing with my mesh-- which is in line with @bcopeland 's assessment.

Quick question - are you on a C-7 or older? Reason I am asking is that I have two of these on a C-5 and have been holding off on updating firmware as there has been no clear answer on whether this is a C-7 related issue or not. My understanding is that this is not related to security so not sure if C-5 and below are impacted.

Hey @rakeshg, I am on a C-7 hub.

Edit- This appears to be a Hubitat-wide related issue, and for sure on the C7 hub because that is the one I own. I did not have this issue on my Smartthings hub before switching over

1 Like

I can assure you it's not a C7 issue as I have seen reports of the same issue on C5..

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification - I guess I will hold off on the update for the time being and if this continues, look for an alternative to the ZooZ devices.

if we are talking about the over reporting of the device, it seems the workarounds below work.
Although I still see issues with the routes the device selects.

as documented somwhere/above i believe it works fine with a couple of caveats.
1.. either use the basic zwave tool to change the parameter,
2. or if you still want reporting at least for energy just use the reporting frequency parameter and disable the reporting based on level changes..

1 Like

Can someone explain how I have energy but no power?

Plug-RIGHT Outlet energy is 12.24kWh
Plug-RIGHT Outlet power is 0W

The TV connected to it is working but the blue light on the plug itself is off. If I set to off and on again through the device handler all goes back to normal (blue light and power reporting are back again) for some hours and after that everything goes south again.

Just joining this thread -- I've seen the same issue with the ZEN25 on my (now retired) Smartthings HUB.

I'm on the C7. The Zen25 will cause my entire network to jam up if I leave it plugged in for more than 5-6 hours. I've disabled power flucuation reporting and set intervals to an hour -- activity in the logs goes way down, but things still jam up.

I will try the parameter 18 workaround later this week.

Marc

This particular issue is holding me back from opening my 2 C7 units. I have about 8 of these double-plug units. I bought them specifically because of the power reporting. Whatโ€™s not clear this far down the line is if either Zooz or Hubitat is actually actively working on this to resolve the issue to allow the device to be used as intended. If they are working on it, itโ€™s not apparent. If they need more info, itโ€™s not being asked for. Honestly I would like to see an actual update for this issue from both parties. If it requires a workaround by the consumer or loss of feature, I am not interested.

Hi Agnes, just curious if Zooz has has any luck yet with a real resolution for this yet? Any update to share?

So far, we haven't received any information from Hubitat as to what needs to be changed on the plug side to have it work better on C7. We'll be releasing a new firmware that will minimize the energy reports sent by default which is usually the most effective way to address any network issues users experienced with C7 and the ZEN25 Plug.

The biggest challenge here is that the plugs work just fine for a large number of our customers using C7 and symptoms vary for these having issues, that's why we've been addressing it case by case.

2 Likes