[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

What can I say, my cup runneth over. :smiley:

1 Like

You were already given a cookie:

3 Likes

OK, that's the best... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I'm still on Hubitat firmware 2.2.2.129 and don't seem to have that column. It's the Under Cabinet Double Outlet:

On a device that is paired securely it shows up in the device properties as ZwaveSecurePairingComplete:

You're on a C7?

No C-3

1 Like

OK, yeah, that info isn't included on the older hubs, AFAIK.

Strange, i don't have that firmware version line in my parent or child device info.

I've had devices where it didn't appear consistenly - not there, and then appeared later. Not sure how it is controlled and why it sometimes didn't show up. Sorry...don't know much about that.

So you don't see it here on the device page for your plug. Could be an intermittent issue...

I had 2 of three Aeotec RDS7 devices that had that issue; an exclude, factory reset, include, fixed it.

Then the plug is definitely not joined securely but I'm at a loss as to why the Z-Wave parameter tool would not be accepting the parameter change for you... Can you try excluding the plug and adding it again, then try the parameter tool one more time to change the par 18 value?

changing param 18 to 1 did disable most reporting.. interestingly it reports 0w when switch turned off but never reports any power whatsoever when turned back on.. i want at least one report to proved switch is on.. So i assume this setting is not for me.. what do i change it back to..

thanks

also paremeter 2 watt reporting level does not seem to stick with the driver.. no matter what i set it to even in zwave tool it goes back to 10w.. i have it on a camera and hue hub which is under that and wanted to set it to 5 w.

so this must be a bug in the driver.. i guess the key is do not hit configure after switching back to the dual plug driver?

@bobbyD @agnes.zooz I'm not sure if this question was ever answered, but what hubs are affected by this issue? Or is this more about encryption vs not?

It's not a hub-related issue, more of a mix of factors that can cause similar problems, like the amount of devices you already have included to your network, the amount of reports sent by the plug to your hub, and in some cases S2 security. We've been troubleshooting each request case by case but if you're having any issues, it's best to start with the list of troubleshooting tips Bobby included in the original post.

2 Likes

We've been troubleshooting each request case by case but if you're having any issues, it's best to start with the list of troubleshooting tips Bobby included in the original post.

@agnes.zooz Does this mean that Zooz is not actively looking for a permanent solution for these plugs? Asking because the troubleshooting tips all seem to involve disabling parts of the device features (i.e. S2 and energy reporting) and still do not guarantee the Zen25 won't mess with the mesh/function correctly

We're still testing and working closely with HE to see if we can find out what exactly is causing the problem so we can address it on our side as well. So yes, we're actively looking for a solution and hope to find one soon!

7 Likes

the problem seems to be to me that they don't honor the reporting settings and spam the mesh with reports too often..

Mine sometimes stops reporting power even though the tv is on connected to it. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution?

Given the topic is about issues with the ZEN25 plug. I definitely ran into issues when including with security. I have since successfully included without encryption - very disappointing because I specifically purchased because it said S2. I also was on version 1 firmware and used the new hubitat built in firmware updater; however, when I view the parent device page, it still says firmwareVersion: 1.0

The hubitat firmware update competed successfully without any errors and nothing to indicate an error in the logs. Is there a bug or problem with the driver such that it is not recognizing the updated firmware? Is there something I need to do to tell the driver to refresh?

Did you hit the Refresh button on the driver page for the plug?