[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

How do I upgrade to the 2.0 firmware? Mine is on 1.0 and I tried the new zWave "Update Firmware" button on the zWave page but all that says is "Already up to date" which is clearly not true since my firmware is 1.0. What am I missing?

That button is for the hub firmware; the one you want is under the apps tab (may need to install it).

Ahh! We still need to contact individual companies for the firmware update itself though?

Yes...Zooz will provide it when asked. I've never had to so not sure if you can go find it on your own on their site, or they have to send you a link from a support ticket on the Zooz site.

https://www.support.getzooz.com/new

If you send in a support ticket with your purchase info, they will send a link to the download. It is not freely available on their site.

1 Like

Actually the way they have laid out their links now, it not hard to type in other links and voila.

2 Likes

Hot tip for the day, I think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just think it’s a little silly how you first have to contact support and then provide an order number for the correct switch every time you make an inquiry. I’m glad they have finally started providing links instead of emailing them as attachments. I mean, who is going to reverse engineer from hex???

Inovelli just makes them available

So the last time I contacted them for FW I was able to grab for all my devices using the change logs for each device so I new what I was getting.

https://www.getzooz.com/firmware/ZEN26_V302.otz

1 Like

The ZEN15 model doesn't support S2 so it shouldn't be joined using any S2 security options.

The devices aren't 700 series yet, these are S2 devices running on the 500 chip (S2 is a software implementation while the chip series is new hardware) :slight_smile: but we haven't seen any of these issues on SmartThings which also supports S2 (not many other systems do but ST is definitely the most popular so easy to compare).

@Terk can you check if your plug reports 1.0 or 2.0 (parameter 18 was only added in 2.0)?

@danabw thanks for the tag and vote of confidence :wink:

There are some models that underwent hardware changes and if the wrong file is applied to the wrong hardware version it may brick a device. There are a few other reasons behind not publishing the files yet but we'll try our best to add the to the HE firmware library soon!

6 Likes

I haven't been following this thread too closely .. We are working directly with Zooz on the issues with this device.. I see some reports of other devices, please let me know in a separate thread of any other devices having issues as the driver for it may need addressing ..

1 Like

It does show version 2.0 in the device properties.

Thanks.

1 Like

Can you check the security level for the plug under Settings (in the HE main menu) > Z-Wave Details? In the screenshot you posted before, the security level wouldn't show I believe.

Sorry Agnes. I was a little grumpy last night and should not have been online. :wink:

2 Likes

haha no worries, I agree the process for OTA updates needs work and once we find a solution for you guys to just grab the latest firmware directly from the platform, it will make all of our lives easier. It'll take some time but we'll get there!

4 Likes

Sorry, this is all it shows:

My hub is on 2.2.2.129.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on where to find the security info. You wouldn't click on the Double Plug at all, instead, go out of the device view and out of Devices altogether and click on Settings under the Hubitat main menu. Then click on Z-Wave Details where you should see all of your devices listed and one of the columns will show you the security level they're joined with. I Hope that helps!

You want this...mine is joined w/None (do I get a cookie?). :wink:

2 Likes

Yes!.. See below:

4 Likes

Damn, that looks good. But now I find myself dying for a virtual glass of milk. :wink:

1 Like

Here you go...

3 Likes