[INCIDENT] Notifications and presence stop working after migrating to the new mobile apps

Is the geofence showing in the correct area? Have you tried just moving the pin?

Yes sir tried both and I will give it another try it shows correct tea just showed out of geo fence and not all the time !

Not sure if this could be related or not, but the default geofence area when installing the app is based on the coordinates set on the hub under Settings > Hub Info. So its good to confirm those are correct as well and then reboot the hub. But once the geofence area is set in the mobile app those coordinates are not used anymore, it only impacts a new mobile app install.

Will give that to look thanks

Just remove the app and reinstalled it rebooted the hub all is working again.

1 Like

@bobbyD I may have missed it, but did a new update of the app get released that fixes the notifications and presence issues?

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Presence sensing unreliable on Samsung devices

I just removed and reinstalled the app, and then rebooted the hub. Notifications to my iphone still do not work.
I am testing using the Device Page "Device Notification" test object.
Notifications are fully enabled on the iphone.

Hub Platform 2.3.9.164
App Version 2.0.2 (290)

Have you tried this procedure of having the app create a new device on the hub?

2 Likes

I have not but I will give it a try today. Thanks!

1 Like

That worked perfectly. Thanks for directing me to that solution.

1 Like

Hi @bobbyD,

I’m also having strange issue where all of a sudden, none of our iOS devices are receiving push notifications. I checked Notifications settings on iOS, as well, ensure all devices have installed the HE Mobile app. I’ve also completely removed the devices on HE Hub, removed and reinstalled HE Mobile app, re-added NEW devices, and yet still no push notifications.

I also tried changing one of the devices DNI and creating a “new” device in the mobile app, but still did not work. I’m more and more convinced this is something not specific to each device, but more global.. or else why would ALL my devices stop seeing notifications? (In the app, it does show the test notifications I sent. It’s just doesn’t pop up in the Notification Center on any of my devices.). So strange…

Just some context. I did not migrate to new app before problem started, but I did disconnect the hub momentarily to move it to a different part of the house. And replugged back Ethernet to switch.

At the moment it is a known issue, you will need to wait for the service to be restored before troubleshooting any further.

Does this affect Remote Access, in general, or is that still working? I thought it may be app related, but I can't access the hub using https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/ either and my app only says "[Hub Name] (Local)". We aren't living in our new home yet, so we use remote access a lot to turn off lights & lock doors as needed. I thought it may be our internet access, but I am here right now typing this reply. I just updated the hub and I'm about to do a power cycle, if it still won't work.

Edit: I can access it on https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/ after the update & series of reboots.

1 Like

Remote Admin is not affected. Nor any other services. The incident is specific to push notifications service.

1 Like

@bobbyD I checked the notification section with the new app and the notifications are there, it just does not trigger the device notifications.

@jtp10181 Sadly this has never worked for me in the new app. Even now when I follow these instructions I get to selecting my hub then it just jumps past the select deivce (or create new) screen and logs me in. And yes, I logged out of the app first, and closed it. Then went to my hub and changed my DNI. Then tried to log back in. I even went as far as to use the reset app (iOS settings) as well uninstall and reinstall, but sadly it still completely skips past the hub selection screen and takes me right into the app after I choose the hub I want to connect to.

Hopefully the app update will be released soon for the new app. I have completely transition off the old app and from what I've read in this feed, I don't think its wise to reinstall it as it appears to cause more harm thank good lol..

Just mentioning my experience in trying to get my notifications to work.

The procedure was worked for everyone else :person_shrugging:. I tested it myself extensively during beta testing. Once the underlying service issue is resolved you could go one step further and delete all "Mobile App Device" devices from the devices list. Then the app will have nothing to attach to and will forced to create a new virtual device on the hub. WARNING: this will break any notifications you have setup and you will have to go into each app/rule and select the new device.

1 Like

Please try again. The issue has been resolved.

1 Like