IKEA Trådfri Signal Repeater

Bought a IKEA Trådfri Signal repeater today and it paired fine, even from 9 meters away, needed a thin needle to press and hold the reset button for about 5 secs.

mine too

That's what it's supposed to be. Just "Device" as it doesn't do anything beyond act as a repeater, so there's no driver needed for it to work. It just takes messages from the hub and passes them onto devices and vice versa. :slight_smile:

Exactly. "Device" is as expected.

1 Like

I got mine to pair with my Hubitat C4 today, havnt dotten it to report anything yet thou, any help are welcome

The Trådfri motion sensors are not supported. They only support device to device pairing.

If you want an inexpensive motion sensor, the Xiaomi are great and stable with enough Trådfri outlets near by or Trådfri signal repeaters. Plus there's a cool hack you can do to the Xiaomi motion sensors that allows you to set the reset time from 5 seconds to as long as you want.

So I finally managed to pickup 2 of these repeaters. Works okay, but like the plug it has a weak signal,low LQI via XBee scan on all my Tradfri devices, although they DO work and without the Tradfri plug above my Hampton bay zig controller, the fan drops off mesh
and for the curious....

5 Likes

Thanks. Just picked one up the other day, but have not had a chance to set it up yet. Appreciate the information.

I have 4 of these deployed in my house... Have never had any of my Xiaomi devices (15) drop off the network since installing them.

So they may be weaker than other repeater, but they are cheap and work great for me!

I have 2 more unused/in the box... Didn't bother deploying them since the 4 seem to do the trick for me.

2 Likes

Nice fingers.

1 Like

I know, "don't quit my dayjob and become a wedding photographer"
The repeater is tiny and in hindsight I should have put it in my soldering station for the pictures

1 Like

I quite think it adds some humanity to tech pictures.

2 Likes

This repeater works well with Aqara WXKG02LM Smart Light Switch?

No reason it shouldn’t. Works with all the other Xiaomi battery powered devices.

1 Like

I just got one of these, added to HE, and it's got it's own device driver now - built in.

FYI, if you have not already changed them.

1 Like

Is there anyway to know these repeaters are working?

I paired two of them to my HE but there has been nothing recorded in the device events in the last 12 hours.

Is that normal?

My device page dont update either.

Go to: (replace HubIP with your Hub's IP).

http://HubIP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

1 Like

awesome thank you mike! it is indeed working :slight_smile:

Just added my repeater in. Self identified as a hermit crab. I mean Ikea repeater.
Was also my VERY FIRST device added to my new hub!

Now to start the migration of everything else. Sigh.

Welcome to the Hubitat Community! Go slow. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither was your previous hub. Mesh networks need time to settle.

1 Like