Was just at IKEA and saw this REALLY cheap drivers. @ 14€ for the lower version and 30€ for the high capacity one this seems a really bargain.
Apparently they can be used directly with Philips HUE and show up as dimmable light (no on/off).
I was really tempted to buy one or two or a couple more lol... (This is @Cobra influence with his GH Minis) but wanted to know if anyone has experience with them. Thoughts?!
The only reason why I didn't was because I'm still waiting for my HE (over a month now in transit)....
In case anyone feels the urge this is how you pair them with Philips HUE:
- Connect up a LED strip to the transformer
- Connect the transformer to mains power close to the Hue hub - the light will turn on
- Start a new light search in the Hue app
- Hold down the reset/pair button on the transformer (you can use use a pin)
- Keep it held until it appeared in the app - the light will dim, brighten, and flash.