Ikea Blinds

This is really good to hear as I'm waiting for them to hit Aus in October.
I am preparing myself for a delayed release date though. he he he

1 Like

Hopefully wider size will come to North America. I need a minimum of 165cm for the window I want this on. If not, then 120cm and 60cm shades could be used together, since it's a three panel casement style, with very wide frames between each panel. All depends on the wife acceptance and price, in that order.

Welcome to the Hubitat Community Wayne!

Thank you for creating this driver, and thanks to Ryan for the additional work in porting it to HE.

3 Likes

@SmartHomePrimer

Here is what I found about the sizes for the US. This was from a YT video from Jun 25, 2019.

2 Likes

Thanks. A colleague sent me that a few weeks ago too. Going to mix sizes. It’ll work since I’m planning to install only the blackout shades on a three panel casement. The frames are wide and will cover the gap well enough for my use case.

1 Like

UPDATE for US Hubitatters: Ikea is now listing Fyrtur blinds on their website. You can see all sizes and prices here: FYRTUR Blackout roller blind - wireless, battery operated gray - IKEA

They are not yet available to purchase, but I imagine they will be soon.

8 Sizes, priced as follows.

• 23" x 76 3/4" @ $129
  • 27" x 76 3/4" @ $139
  • 30" x 76 3/4" @ $149
  • 32" x 76 3/4" @ $154
  • 34" x 76 3/4" @ $159
  • 36" x 76 3/4" @ $164
  • 38" x 76 3/4" @ $169
  • 48" x 76 3/4" @ $179
4 Likes

Has anybody seen evidence these Ikea devices have any comparibility issues with Iris V2 Zigbee wall repeaters when joined to the same Hubitat? I ask because I think I read the Tradfri repeaters can have problems when Iris V2 repeaters are commingled.

I doubt there are any issues specific to using these together with other zigbee certified devices.

I think you're recalling issues with Xiaomi devices and centralite repeaters (iris v2, st, peq ect)...

1 Like

Ok thanks.

The Battery Packs are now in stock, but much of the blinds have been pulled from display on Ikea's website. You can still navigate to two of the sizes.

Hopefully the batteries being in stock now, at $15 each, means the blinds inventory will show up soon!

1 Like

The 30” wide versions finally shows 3 in stock at my local store in MN. Unfortunately I don’t see the 48” version listed at all anymore and that’s the size I need.

$150 for 30" wide?!? I thought they said these were going to be reasonably priced. That if quite a bit higher than I expected.

1 Like

Here is explanation:
https://9to5mac.com/2019/10/17/ikea-smart-blinds-united-states/

1 Like

Thank you Ryan780 for Driver for this. It works like a charm!! no errors. I just need to update the status(Open or Close) manually by hitting the refresh button on device page and by setting up rule for refresh for blinds status.

2 Likes

really? Let me see about that....one moment.

Can you post logs from after you made the change?

oh, no, I did not make any changes to your Driver, I was saying that in order to see status update on dashboard for the blinds, I have to set up a rule for refresh command.

Perhaps compared to Lutron shades . . .

Oh...you mean cheaper compared to Lutron Shades? Well, I don't know about Lutron shades. But when I compare to Bali, the Ikea are only $20 cheaper for the same size motorized bali shades. That isn't a whole lot cheaper to me.

Basic fabric Lutron Serena minimum price is like 250 if i recall

Going to Lutron website and did a "Design your shade" looks like it's going to cost me around $640 for a battery-motorized, black-out roller shade in the color gray, basic design.
Our windows inner dimensions are 36" wide by 60" long, looking to mount on the outside of window frame so went with dimensions of 38" by 62".

https://www.serenashades.com/design-your-shade/