Hubitat web is VERY slow. It defeats the benefit of local processing

What is the Ethernet fix for the C5, is it something I can change myself?

I’ve tried turning off all devices for the dashboard and restarting my hub but I’m still getting delays of 30s.

Hi there, please see below post. If you continue to have problems, please send us an email at support@hubitat.com so we can further research.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply. I followed your instructions and my dashboard load time reduced from up to 30s to 8s.

What is interesting is that I’ve had the hub running for over a month now so maybe the fix was not applied automatically as you suggested.

Secondly currently use UniFi and technicolor network gear, no Netgear or Asus equipment at all.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. 8s is still a lot of time to wait for a dashboard to load. Mind me asking what browser are you using?

Is not strictly related to these two manufacturers, it could be any switch that doesn't negotiate the hub's link properly. We just happened to notice that majority of people having this problem were using either Netgear or Asus devices.

2 Likes

I'm curious. After applying the fix indicated by @bobbyD, had you rebooted your C-5?

I checked before and after rebooting, still the same result.

iOS safari 10s
iOS hubitat app 10s
Windows edge chromium 4s
Windows Firefox 4s

Same here slooow on iOS app

1. What brand router/switch is your Hubitat connected to?
  2. When you created your Dashboard did you choose the "Use all my devices" option?

Don't use the "use all my devices" option. Only select the devices that are on any particular dashboard for that dashboard.

1 Like

for #1 its a Arris NVG468MQ (and PC web access is lighting fast, its just iOS)
for #2 didn't touch that setting, it defaulted with use all my devices, so that is set that way

mitch

Change that setting. Only select the devices that are actually on any particular Dashboard for that Dashboard. This will dramatically speed things up.

2 Likes

ok, ill give it a shot...

thanks!!

1 Like

This thread explains it in more detail than I have .....

And this explanation from a former community member:

2 Likes

My dashboard becomes slower days after days, but inconsistenly. Sometimes, it's ok for days, sometimes, it's not.
And I play with the same hardware since weeks (months), to avoid that my changes interfer with what I want to check.

C5, latest firmware (2.2.0.128). "patched" with the Netgear/Asus (have some in my network). Using the rebooter App to enhance the speed. Had a dashboard, always displayed (thermostat and additional info) but launch it now on specific purpose (to avoid the "always on" app). All dashboards doesn't have all devices installed.

One of my problem: when I click on a simple button ("increase the temperature"), sometimes the result is immediate (I see a tile with the increased demand), sometimes there is no result at all (even after multiple clicks). And I need to click on the refresh button (upper left of the dashboard) to see the result. WAF decreased a lot because she hit the increase/decrease temperature without results... (but the device itself has updated. The tile on the dashboard didn't).

However, sometimes, the refresh IS immediate. Single click (without hitting the refresh button) and... done. This is very awkward. On the same hub, with the same hardware, with no changes, even after a reboot.

Today, the problem was "as usual": no immediate refresh. The hub rebooted yesterday (5AM).
I went to my hub (http://myip). Didn't check anything. didn't reboot anything. Just logged in.

On my thermostat dashboard, the refresh IS immediate ! Instantaneous !

So my question to @bobbyD : why should I log in to obtain that immediate refresh (and a fast dashboard) ? And opposite: why the refresh is not immediate when I didn't log in ?

UPDATE: When I log out (after logged in...), the dashboard behaves as expected: fast and immediate refresh. That means I need to log in to have a fast dashboard... :thinking: