Hubitat safety monitor

I did but that doesnā€™t remove the text alert fieldā€¦just makes it an invalid option. It essentially does the same thing as removing but seems far from ideal. I already rebuilt the HSM app but wanted to share my findings so they can fix down the road.

You can just clear the phone number and click the << App List link. It will be unconfigured. To remove the SMS configuration entirely, clear all fields, turn off all options and then click the << App List link

Hmmmā€¦Iā€™ll try that next time. I got impatient and reloaded the App altogether.

1 Like

Yup, looks like a bug. Tried it with same issue.

Yes, bug found and fixed. Next release.

2 Likes

This bug has been fixed in the latest release:

2 Likes

Is there an easy place to see your current HSM Status,other than location logs? I feel like Iā€™m missing something. Also, would be nice to see HSM status available as a tile in the next dashboard update. I feel

2 Likes

So today I should have received a HSM SMS message. System was set to armed away, motion and contact sensors selected and send sms to my phone number was selected, but I did not get any sms. Made me realize that Iā€™ve never got an sms. Is there a setting some where to enable SMS messages?

52%20PM

1 Like

Yup, just how I had it set up. Iā€™ll just have to do some test scripts to force a few messages and see what happened

Reminder - Limit is 10 SMS per day.

Also note that you need the ā€œ+ā€ sign as well as the ā€œ1ā€ for sms to work. I initially assumed that because I was in the states that I did not need the ā€œ+ā€. Testing proved otherwise.

It does specify twice that +1 is necessary, so thereā€™s that.

Reading instructions?
Why would anyone do that?
:wink:
I donā€™t think it was that explicit when they first released this. At least thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking with it.

Iā€™ve never received a sms yet

I went back and added the +1 followed by my number with no other signs. I also set up a notification to pushover. I set system to armed away moved around set off motion sensors and nothing. No sms. No alerts. I deleted HSM and recreated the settings. Still nothing. I also noticed that I cannot ā€œturn offā€ all alerts. I thought maybe toggling would help. But clicking it has no affect for me.

Reach out to support. This isnā€™t normal at all.

Funny enough. 15 minutes after I posted (did not make any additional changes) I got my first sms and also notifications with pushover. I got 3 and the. Turned off the armed away setting I had on

I still am Unable to turn on/off alerts. But at least it works.

Turn on live logging and do your test. See what kind of error you are getting.

Itā€™s working now. That was my last post. :slight_smile: