Hubitat review from a Homekit channel

Links like Hubitat’s Homekit integration is getting a lot of attention in the Homekit community.

8 Likes

That was a pretty good review in general, and pretty positive about this integration.

7 Likes

Agreed, I thought he covered it very well.

4 Likes

I guess if one uses Apple products, it is pretty exciting. I don't, so I watched the video for curiosity. It won't do anything for me from what I understand with it being a one-way integration.

6 Likes

Same here. I have been watching this but have no Apple devices, or interest in doing so. Nor do I see it affecting me personally.

6 Likes

I completely agree. I was a little surprised.

1 Like

For commercial installers like myself HomeKit is a great solution for customers. It does have a nice interface.

2 Likes

Apple is a very popular platform so Hubitat will only become more popular.

6 Likes

We use the Home app as the visual UI for Hubitat, it’s faster and prettier, plus it has higher WAF.

6 Likes

To each his own, but respectfully disagree. Home app visual UI is neither faster nor prettier than alternatives available on HE. I had expected more after seeing "Home" on my iPhone for so long before HE supported, but I uninstalled from HE same day after realizing how crappy and inflexible homekit UI is compared to my Actiontiles dashboards (I have no use for voice/homepods). If I was starting over again, I'd use @gslender 's hubiVue:

It has unmatched customizability and flexibility.

4 Likes

It loads instantly, the official Hubitat app is quite slow. iOS 16 brought a big improvement to the home app, previously it was fast but poorly organised.

Btw the other big advantage of using Hubitat with HomeKit / the Home app, is bullet proof geofencing for home / away automations.

5 Likes

I could use that statement for SharpTools and Hubitat Dashboard for sure but I’m not sure HubiVue has reached those levels yet, though it is very new still. I’m in an endless cycle of trying it, giving up, going back to the aforementioned. I had some issues with dimmer value’s wandering when turning lights on/off that have never occurred on other dashboards. Additionally app tiles (opening apps by their intent url) and video are essential to me. Perhaps I need to spend some more time with it…

4 Likes

IF you post to @gslender about the issues you are having and explain what you are trying to do, he's very good about getting it implemented.

6 Likes

As far as speed to access, HomeKit is the only one possible via control center.

2 Likes

Yeah agreed. I need to dedicate some time to it, to see what is/isn’t possible currently

1 Like

I find that most of my customers prefer the Home App. I personally use the Dashboard for myself but I am very technical so I like the control :nerd_face:

1 Like

There are some great alternatives for sure. You are right everyone has to choose the one that they like the best. I find those who want easy to setup and no headaches choose the Home App and those that want to push the limits choose other options for a dashboard.

Quite simply there is no wrong answer here.

2 Likes

I believe if you have an Apple TV or a HomePod then you are communicating locally in the Home App which would make it very fast. Also if you are using other local solutions it should be equally as fast. This is a preference and there is no wrong answer here.

There are a lot of good options for dashboards.

1 Like

Sound like a lot a flexibility and a good option.

2 Likes