Hubitat no longer connecting to ecowitt gateway

It’s a good thought but mine continued to act completely normally when using the WS view app so that was part of the reason why I didn’t realize it had stopped sending events to Hubitat.

Did you apply the firmware update for the ecowitt that came our recently? All mine droped off the net after the update and required a reboot.

I reset the gateway and now I can't get it to re-connect to the network so I think the board might be fried. When I go through the app it won't find the gateway.

any thoughts?

No I did not know that it had firmware that could be updated. I need to get it back on the network before I can do that. It won't connect right now so I think it might be fried.

Thanks though

R

Thanks, I need to get it to connect again before I can update it.

It does not want to re- connect.

Thanks though

Rob

you might consider writting a rule like this

1 Like

Do you have a single SSID for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz? If so, 2.4 GHz-only devices can get confused.

or this rule if you want to get fancier.. old was writtin in legacy rule machine and i dont feel like changing.

Have you had any luck getting your gateway up and running @user559 ?

No it won't connect to the wifi anymore. I have tried both Android and IOS and when I go through the startup procedure it says that there is no device recognized. I have bought two more as well as another implant to measure T so I have a back up in the event one fails again.

thanks for checking though

Rob

No worries. I have heard good things about the EcoWitt support, so it may be worth checking with them as well. If it's still under warranty they may consider a replacement.

I have not upgraded the code on mine either yet and mine dropped off months ago and hasn’t reconnected. I’ve upgraded firmware and rebooted and even verified the same IP / MAC and it’s still isn’t checking in. @sburke781 have you removed any of the original code or just added to it? I may be one of the only people running a separate node.js container on my NAS for ecowitt to
Communicate with my tempest. I want to uograde but I want to continue to use this local communication method as well.

1 Like

Hmmm, that's interesting, an concerning, at least 3 now where that has happened. I don't expect anything I have added would affect this, but let me take a look to make sure.

When you said:

Are you referring to the HE drivers, or were you referring to the firmware on the gateway?

1 Like

Sorry to pile it on but mine hasn't connected in awhile either. I didn't notice it until last week when we opened the pool. I changed the battery in the device with the pool temp probe, Checked to see if it was connected in HE and found that none of the devices are updating.

• I updated the firmware on the GW1000B
  • Ecowitt.net is working fine
  • I completely uninstalled the driver and reinstalled
  • I've always used the mac address but I did try the IP with the same result
  • Now I just get this...

Screenshot 2022-06-03 7.03.00 AM

Thanks for looking

1 Like

No worries, better to know the scale of the issue. Which is really weird....

No need to post it, but does the Device Network Id match your MAC Address minus any colons?

And if you mess with the MAC Address preference setting, do you see any unhandled messaging in the HE logs like I posted about a few posts ago?

1 Like

Remember folks, it always helps to talk to someone. :wink:

I didn't, so I started pecking away at every setting in the ws-view app. For those not seeing any data coming in check the following...

(android)

• Click the 'more' link in the upper right hand corner of the ws-view app
  • Select 'Weather Services'
  • Scroll over to 'Customized'
  • Put in your correct 'Gateway IP / Hostname', this should be your Hubitat IP address
  • Click 'Save' in the upper right hand corner

Note your 'Upload Interval', wait it out.... and BAM here comes the data!

I did change out my router a while back and so all my ip's had changed. Forgot about this little device hidden behind stuff. (and about that setting within).

Anyway, thanks to @sburke781 for triggering something in my brain. Hopefully this will help out a few that are also having connection problems!

:grinning:

2 Likes

Great to hear you got it working. I can only hope / expect that has been the issue for others (or device malfunction), changes in their network vs changes in the driver / firmware.

Just to satisfy my detailed brain.... are you saying your HE hub IP changes as a result of the change in router? Or the EcoWitt Gateway? Or both? I'm thinking a change in the HE IP would make sense.

1 Like

In my case, everything changed. I got rid of my Google/Nest Wifi setup and just went with the Xfinity X1 with those little pucks. Hate to say it but the Xfinity gateway is so much better (blast internet). The Google/Nest router was having a hard time with all of our devices/streaming. The X1 is having no problems at all and with those little pucks, I get coverage to my detached garage and my back yard.

The only issue I had was that my network went from 192.168.1.xx to 10.0.0.xx, so I had to redo everything. It was a pain but everything is now stable with all new Static IP's.

1 Like

Sounds like you have found your happy place and so has my brain :slight_smile: Thanks Bryan.

1 Like

Probably worth asking the question @inetjnky, has anything changed with your network, like it did for Bryan, in particular the IP for your HE hub (not the IP / MAC of the gateway you enter in the HE device preferences, the IP you enter in the WS View App config for the data feed)?