For the last 2 months my ecowitt gateway and my hubitat have been 2 peas in a pod. They were connected and running all sorts of automations.
I woke up today and my automations are no longer functioning. I checked on my Ipad on the ecowitt app to see if the app was still picking up the signal from the gateway but the hubitat is stuck on pending when I try and re-sync the sensors "sensor sync pending"
I have power cycled the gateway and reset the hubitat but it is still not picking it up.
Any advice on how to resolve this?
Thanks in advance
You should probably post this on the Ecowitt gateway thread, where it is more likely to been seen by users of that integration. But in the meanwhile, have you confirmed that your gateway is functioning properly by itself (I mean using the WS View app). Also, do you have a GW1000 or GW1100?
Yes it is working on the WS View App. It is the GW1100.
I will look for the ecowitt thread.
Make sure the IP address for the GW1100 has not changed.
The MAC and IP are still the same, at least on the Ecowitt WS View App.
It sounds like I might need to update the app code?
@marktheknife had something similar, but it eventually corrected itself after some time (quite a while from memory).
What driver version are you running?
Also, try turning on any logging options and see if anything shows up in there.
You could also try swapping between using the Mac address and the IP address in the preference settings
The driver on the original installed app is V1.32.1
Could I hire you by the hour to help diagnose this?
I switched to IP with no success.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately a higher bidder wants me in the office in the next few hours...
Have you tried a shutdown of both the Ecowitt and your hub, then restart ecowitt and then hub?
I will give that a try. Thanks.
Be patient and give the hub/Ecowitt a little time to find each other after they are both started up.
Also factor in the data update time configured in the WS View app, i.e. how often it sends data to he
So I am glad you have the GW1100 and not the GW1000, because the former has a built-in webserver that the GW1000 does not. I am still betting on an IP address change that has not yet propagated to the "WS View" app.
Try this: from a computer on your LAN, go to "http://ip-addr-of-gw1100" replacing "ip-addr-of-gw1100" with the IP address of that the GW1100 that you use in the Hubitat integration. If you cannot reach a website, that confirms that the IP address has changed.
If you reach a website, this is what it will look like:
You don't need a username/password, but clicking on login will give you this screen:
I'd follow through on the other suggestions here first, but one other thing that may help diagnose where the issue lies would be to change the IP / MAC address setting in HE, monitor the logs to see if the HE platform has received data and doesn't have anywhere to put it. e.g.
This will tell us whether the EcoWitt gateway is actually sending the data through to the HE hub and what the details are. If you don't see the log, then the issue is likely to be back on the gateway.
That’s correct. I realized in maybe March that it hadn’t actually been connected for about a month or so (I don’t have many temperature/humidity based automations in the winter so just never noticed).
Before I could get around to really doing anything about it, a few weeks later, it had synced back up again.
Wish I could suggest something helpful but I still don’t really know what happened .
I have a reasonable guess for what might have happened if it is a GW1100b, which is the unit I have. When I first set it up about a month ago, it spontaneously entered setup mode (i.e. began advertising its SSID and was no longer available at the reserved IP address), which was corrected by restarting it. Since then, I updated the firmware, and this has not recurred.
Edit: I am looking at the release notes. My unit shipped with fw 2.0.7; there were WiFi changes/fixes in 2.0.9 and 2.1.2. The current version is 2.1.4