Hubitat for security system

You can also use Envisalink or AlarmDecoder AD2PI to integrate with your existing system and still keep the original system functioning as is.

I use AlarmDecoder AD2Pi for my wired system, its actually less wiring then Knonnected if you have a supported panel. You just need to wire into your existing keypad terminals (4 leads). No need to touch any of the zones. You also get access to a virtual keypad that emulates your existing physical keypad.

How do you get HE to call the police?

I have a monitored alarm, but because I did the swap to smart sensors for HE, the monitored alarm I left only one zone, with hubduino (or konnected) I added a relay that triggers the only zone in the monitored alarm, so in HSM I added this relay in the alerts for intrusion (it works like a switch), the monitored alarm has cellular backup, if HE detects an intrusion it will trigger the monitored alarm locally and it will call the monitoring company using internet or the cellular. This was tested and confirmed that works in 2 homes.

I'm doing something similar.

VJV, since your very knowledgeable concerning Hubitat and Konnected, I have a quick question. I just installed Konnected interface which utilizes my old wired window and door sensors and it works GREAT with Hubitat. My question is can I arm BOTH my old wired alarm panel AND Hubitat at the same time without interfering with either's ability to monitor the sensors? I know sounds crazy having two alarms armed, BUT the sirens that I have installed with HSM are plugged into the wall with a zigbee switch attached and a 12v transformer to my sirens, if my power goes out so does the ability of my HSM sirens to function. My old panel Vista 20SE has a battery backup which would allow my Honeywell wall siren to still function and the reason I still want to arm it, plus the Honeywell wall siren is much much louder then the HSM sirens. Thanks for your time and any comments

Yes you can, but I think you have to purchase another konnected module. Not crazy having 2 alarms armed.

Read here:

Read here:

The other person was able to utilize the relays to turn his Vista panel to arm an disarm remotely. My ancient panel couldn't be configured that way so an I didnt have any issues with Hubutat..All my arming and disarming are from the vista panel by the keypads . The HSM is armed by a V2 Iris keypad. Guess I'll just give it a try an arm both and See what happens. Thanks for your input

1 Like

And connecting konnected to a battery backup and connecting the vista siren to konnected?

I have the Konnected interface unit so konnected uses the vista battery backup but unfortunately with the Konnected interface module you can't connect the Vista siren which would have solved my problem

But konnected, has available an output pin available?
What voltage is the vista siren? 12v?

My Vista is 20Se, builders cheapie. Yes my siren is a 12v Honeywell. I couldn't use zone one on the Vista panel per Konnected because supposed issue with panel using zone one is also used for for smoke alarms even though I dont have smoke alarm connected. Are you saying the Konnected INTERFACE can have a 12v siren connected to it? I know the original Konnected module can but not aware the interface model can. I have all the zones on my 6 zone Konnected interface used with wired sensors

Probably yes, I mean this part of the interface, where you connect the relay, maybe it let you use the output for the siren, not sure if you are using it

Anyway, to not complicate this, I recommend you to buy this:

And this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BS6PCR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XFlVCb5Q0ZC5H

With this you can add more zones to konnected, and outputs for relays, with the relay you can connect your siren and program it to HSM. Good luck.

Can't thank you enough for all your help! Will check it out and see if i can master it. Once again THANK YOU! This community is so helpful!

1 Like

I'm in the camp that thinks if you want security, and want it to be reliable, get a UL listed security system/panel. You can still integrate it with your home automation platform.

Zwave and zigbee devices are not reliable. You cannot connect your home automation platform to a monitoring service as they do not support the protocols required. In many areas, having a security system auto dial the cops is illegal and will get you a fine.

Basic alerting... Fine. Real security, get a security panel. I use an Elk M1 Gold. I've been using it since 2007, and it's probably the most reliable thing I've ever owned. Batteries in the GE Caddx wireless sensors last for years. Everything works perfectly and it is supported by Hubitat and Vera.

2 Likes

Sorry, but this is incorrect, or how do you think Ring alarm works? It's z wave, so not sure why is not reliable, fully compliant with monitoring station.

I'm not sure who said that, because HE or konnected doesn't dial to the police, this is why some are integrating vista panels or in my case, I integrated Ring, vista panel or Ring panel send the signal to the monitoring station, they call you first then the police, not HE or konnected.

Does anyone know if Ring security is UL listed for both the equipment and monitoring station?

Ring is only for the monitoring station, ADT Smartthings is both.

Ask people with larger Z-wave networks how reliable they are. They are not reliable. Most people with larger networks have had to rebuild them at least once or have intermittent routing problems. I don't even have that many Z-wave devices and I've experienced both of these.

Also, Ring alarm isn't an HA platform. It's a security panel, so it should connect to a monitoring station just fine. That being said, if they are truly using Z-wave, I wouldn't consider that reliable.

You might want to let my monitoring company know that. I currently have my Hubitat/Konnected system monitored with Noonlight for $10/month.

No, you have your Konnected system monitored. Hubitat is not monitored, nor does it provide the connectivity to the monitoring station.