Konnected alarm interface unit with a vista 20p and Hubitat

Has anyone successfully setup the alarm interface unit with a vista 20p and Hubitat? I have all the wiring done correctly as best I can tell. All zones show open/closed, motion sensor works and I believe I programmed my newly installed Vista 20p(ripped out Brinks unit) correctly from these great instructions here.

The issue I'm having is integrating with Hubitat HSM. From what I can tell Hubitat won't allow the arm/disarm function via a switch only a button. When Konnect is integrated in Hubitat you can create an alarm out device but only the momentary switch works. This is because the vista unit and requires a 3000 millisecond switch for arm home and 1000 millisecond for arm away

So in summary if I go into my Hubitat device list and hit the momentary switch the Konnect relay will trigger and arm the Vista 20p alarm but I don't see anyway to integrate this into a Hubitat HSM dashboard.

You can create 2 Vitual Buttons and 2 rules that let them turn on the momentary switch when pushed.

@nate, any other advice?

You can create Rule machine rule to follow HSM mode and trigger the switch needed in Konnected to arm/disarm

Ok I think I got it working. I created 2 triggered events.

1. HSM status becomes Armed Away trigger action to turn on Alarm Away Switch from Konnected
  2. HSM status becomes Disarmed trigger action to turn on Alarm Away switch from Konnected.

This seems to do the job and HSM reports the correct status but it feels like I'm missing something. Using the technique seems to completely eliminate the need to connect the 2 additional zones on the Konnected board to report alarm conditions. Am I wrong or was the konnected interface video demonstration showing these additional conditions only relevant to smart things?

Lastly and perhaps this is a limitation of the Vista 20p board but I don't see away to setup both an Armed Away and Armed Home status. As I mentioned earlier the Vista board relies on momentary switch times to determine what status to set. 1000 milliseconds = Armed Away 3000 milliseconds = Armed Home. Since I only have a single Konnected momentary switch I can only have one delay type.

If you are comfortable not getting the status from the actual alarm(vista) then it's ok.

Ok I now have the status working for Arm away via the programmable output on my Vista 20p. Last question I hope, since my single Konnect board only has a single alarm out which I have as a momentary switch to control arm away(1 sec). Is the only way to also setup an arm home with a second board and use it's alarm output momentary switch to 3 seconds? I'm not 100% opposed to that idea as I'm sure I could use the only zones, just trying to make sure I've configured what I have in the best way possible.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.