Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Links to these bargains would be handy... this is the web :wink: Anyway, searching for “google hub max” shows a couple of results, but clicking the search result ends up with a “page not found”.

Actually, just tried again and it’s not even in the search results now....

1 Like

Looks like GG have stop online ordering of them now.

Sorry, it was pretty late last night when I ordered and didn't think to include it - in the desire to get to sleep. Anyway it may well be for nothing either :grin:

1 Like

Goodguys just took down that link. They better honour it LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

haha well we tried.. i suppose $20 store credit was still worth the crack :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just got the email too. Very sad

1 Like

All good they will slowly reduce over time then I will grab one. I am in no rush :slight_smile:. I tell you what though I did buy one full price for my grandparents last month as I was sick of them going "skype doesn't work, even on their ipads or whatever" so now I just dial Google Duo to them and they answer no more stuffing about it's awesome. Hell they even have Google controlling some bulbs and plugs and they are 80+ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I'm a fan of the google stuff in general. I have nest doorbell and nest cameras and nest wifi and you can see where this is going lol.

Probs use my $20 voucher to get a Samsung multi purpose sensor. Brings it down to $19.

2 Likes

I was going to get a couple of SD cards for my pi's :grin: or maybe a samsung button!

1 Like

Hey Nic, did you end up getting one of these in-wall Zigbee switches?

They’re ordered and paid for but they’ve told me they’re held up due to the beer virus taking up all the shipping. :slightly_frowning_face:
I get weekly updates from them - “they’re held up”.

Bloody 'rona' virus!!

1 Like

Which Schlage lock are you using? Does it work fine? I couldn't find much information on support for Schlage locks (not listed in the officially supported devices, nor in the community supported devices).

1 Like

I use this with the "Generic ZigBee Lock" Hubitat driver. It's great. Battery life is incredible as I still haven't changed the batteries and it's been installed since roughly August last year. Just make sure you have a strong ZigBee mesh so I recommend IKEA repeaters.

Great, thanks! That was the one I was looking at as well. So all the Hubitat integrations work withut issue? What kind of automations did you set up with the lock? I guess a basic one is to set home and unarmed mode + turn on some entry lights when the lock is unlocked?

1 Like

Your welcome, it's cool that they can be purchased locally now. I had to order from Amazon US as the Zigbee version was not in country when I got mine. When it's integrated into Hubitat you can add and remove codes on it without having to touch the lock so it's really handy. I actually only use mine for "announcements" when someone known types in their pin code.. mine says "welcome Master!" :stuck_out_tongue: and my wife's have a unique message I recorded in my voice, just a bit of fun really.

For arming and disarming the house I have that based on presence so by the time I type the code in anyways it's disarmed and my entry lights will come on based on motion detection and time of day so that's covered too.

What printer did you get? I've had a Tevo Tornado for about 18 months and I get a tonne of use out of it. Used it just today, in fact. I use it to print all manner of functional parts. I get the biggest kick out of printing something to repair an item that would otherwise end up in landfill. I recently saved a garage door motor worth $350 by printing a five cent part that was no longer available.

2 Likes

Yeah the printer is fun hey. I haven't made my own prints yet as there is a lot of stuff online already but I am sure I will get there. I ended up getting this it's a good printer with a good facebook support group too. It's locked down a bit but I was able to automate it's power off but monitoring it's live camera feed which only works during printing so once it finishes I have the smart power plug switch off.

This is the printer. It's setup in the garage next to my comms rack so it can print whenever without bothering anyone. I first printed the spool holder to support 1kg spools and a little port for the side door that I drilled then popped the port into it for a flush fit.

3 Likes

Ah yep, that makes sense. And yes, you can buy them locally now from JB, although interestingly it seems they are out of stock in many stores and don't seem to be restocking. Not sure if they are trying to clear them out from stores (maybe new models coming? or sales not doing well).

Although I just realised the door in my new house is a dead latch style which won't directly fit one of the Schlage dead bolt locks (nor many other smart locks). There doesn't seem to be many dead latch style smart locks unfortunately.

2 Likes

I'd say that trying to get stock has slowed down but your right they may have a new model coming out as it's been out for a while now. Really good lock though it just works.

There are heaps of others on the market so maybe have a look around, if you can get one that's Zigbee you should be fine.