Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Interested to hear if others found any "dead latch" style smart locks. The closest ones I found were these:
Schlage S480
Lockwood 001 Touch

Neither of these are "connected" or "smart" though, just digital :worried: There is also a Samsung bluetooth one but looks too techy for my liking.

I think the best option would be to convert the lock to a dead bolt style and then take advantage of the other Schlage or Yale locks etc.

1 Like

I was going to say that if you cannot find one suitable on the market then it's best to just convert over, that's what I would do. I was lucky I built this house brand new so I was able to research and select as required.

Maybe one of these
Kassa R7

Just went into Good Guys to spend my $20 voucher from the Home Max pricing stuff up.

Went in to get a Smart things sensor , first I was told they don't stock them, I looked in the next isle and saw them on the shelf. Then I asked if they would price match RACV for $29 to which I was told RACV isn't on their approved list to price match.

So I walked out.

I was planning on buying 3 motion sensors and 3 contact sensors.

People wonder why brick and mortar stores are dying

3 Likes

That’s ridiculous.
I hope that wasn’t the manager you engaged with ?

Nope, just some sales person. I was too frustrated to even bother trying to take it up the chain.

1 Like

Thanks, will check it out.

Yeh I may just do that. Prefer sticking with the well known lock brands if possible.

1 Like

There’s also this Yale lock that Bunnings sell. It can have a zigbee or zwave module inserted.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/yale-digital-keyed-electronic-deadbolt_p8909720

I’m sure they used to sell the zigbee version directly in store. Maybe I didn’t search their website enough.

That Yale lock and the Schlage Connect were my top 2 choices. But they are both dead lock style so would mean converting my door over (which I think I may do).

1 Like

I bought one of the Ikea 1000w bulbs warm white to blue white and the colour is just off. Saw on the inside packaging that its only 2700-4000 colour temp where most of my hue bulbs are 4500 so thats why they look off.
Has anyone got experience with the colour ones before I waste $30 ?
also has anyone got experience with the led drivers they have - was thinking of adding some for extra kitchen lighting.

I use the LED Drivers to run three light above a cabinet, no issues with them at all, have them linked to my HUE hub though.

1 Like

Check THIS out !!!

Don't need it mate. I am using the Bond home hub and it's working really well. Also Somfy has rolling codes which the Bond hub supports. I am still yet to find a purpose to drag this out of the box yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from Ikea, is there any wireless motorised roller blinds available to us aussie that could integrate with HE without another hub?

You might be able to get this paired into Hubitat using the z-wave protocol. That said I don't know if there is drivers etc though so you'd need to look into that.

Hi Everyone, it's great that we have our own thread. I've been finding lots of useful stuff here.
One question I had for the group is, what are your recommendations on humidity sensors for bathroom fan automation that's available in Australia?
[Edit] I've already got a Zooz 4-in-1, but I had to get it forwarded here.

I connected my bathroom fan with a zigbee smart plug
Then have a virtual switch that gets turn on when motion is detected in the bathroom
Then have a rule in RM when humidity goes up, and the virtual switch is on, turn on smart plug
And turn smart plug and virtual switch off after x amount of minutes when no presence detected

1 Like

i use a aeotec multisensor 6 and a fibaro double switch 2. FIbaro switch switch controls the fan and light circuit.

Mutisensor then turns on/off each switch.

1 Like

I use xiaomi temp and humidity sensor

2 Likes

That relies on a Qubino Shutter so should be ok with HE