Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

The icon came good for me. :blush::+1:t3:

I was keen so manually kicked off the update early this morning and the icon and forecasted high came through. Thanks for your help in this.

I can see in the xml that some of the details drop off and this is catered for in the code for the forecasted high. I noticed the forecasted min and the precipitation range were still null in HE and not in day zero's data in the xml, I'm guessing they have a similar issue in terms of the data from bom. Would it be worth including similar logic for these in the driver?

Do you have any plans to do any more with the code anytime soon? I'd be interested to look at getting some of the weekly forecast details on a tile as well. I might also play with including a few other observation details like humidity in the tile and the location name. Happy to work on this myself and submit a pr on your GitHub repo, just can't guarantee when that might happen. I'd be happy if you wanted to take it on as well...

Thanks,
Simon

1 Like

Go for it - I don't have any immediate plans to work on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like the bond hub is a "Restricted Item" under eBay's Global Shipping Program. I got an email to say mine won't be delivered, but I will get a full refund. I'll try to find out more details about why.

Maybe it's due to COVID-19. That would be a real shame if you cannot get one in..

Yes, hopefully it's only a temporary restriction

1 Like

Wow that’s very weird.

I chatted with eBay earlier and they said it was either that the Bond Hub was restricted by Aus customs or it didn't qualify for the global shipping program. So not entirely clear, but they did say they would expect a similar outcome if I tried to purchase from another overseas seller, which is a shame.

I home my Chinese "in wall" relays come through from Alibaba.
They're currently held up due to Corona Virus supplies taking up all the shipments

3 Likes

Looking for a solution, I have done some internet research but struggling to find much.

I have ducted gas heating with seperate evap cooling which have seperate thermostats is there a way to get a "smart" thermostat and combine the two into one controller?

Maybe reach out to these guys. I have iZone connected to my Daikin ducted AC unit. The beauty is it plugs into many brands but I also noted on their site they say ducted gas too.

Hi All,

Figured i'd show this off. Previously I had a Xiaomi button as my doorbell and it's worked great. However white on white means that every 2nd person wouldn't see it and then would start knocking on my door. I recently purchased a 3d printer (because there is no better time to learn something new while in isolation right? Well it worked on the misso anyways :slight_smile: ) and printed a little box, drilled a hole, wired a jaycar button to a Xiaomi contact sensor and boom new doorbell! Pretty happy with the way it came out too.

12 Likes

gerat job mate

1 Like

Thanks mate. The 3d printer has been fun too. Although I've run out of things to print haha. It ran solid for the first week like day and night :laughing:

Just a heads up - Good Guys are selling the Google Hub Max (website as well as ebay) for $129 in case anyone has been thinking about it. Pretty good deal as this is the normal hub price.

2 Likes

That has got to be a mistake but regardless I have ordered one LOL that's a bloody bargain! :slight_smile:

Also just ordered one.

Funny I looked at it then clicked away to look at something else and a good guys ad popped up on the other website. It has the hub max for $299 on it so it's definitely a fuck up.

But helpful for me as I wanted to buy a 10" so I could wall mount my 7".

1 Like

Yeah it will be interesting to see what they say LOL, my friend just ordered two as well. I have a 7" version already in the Kitchen so I might make that my bedroom clock :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I have two 7". One in my kitchen and one in my 3 year Olds room that we use to stream Disney+ / Stan / Foxtel Go if he wakes up and I don't want to get out of bed lol.

Probably move kitchen to my room and put the 10 in the kitchen to make use of the better speaker

1 Like

That's what I thought, but the listing on GG's website changed from "as advertised" last night when I ordered to "hot buy" just now when I had another look. Possibly legit as they've now advertised the echo show 8 for $99!

2 Likes