Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

The range of the Sonoff ones is not amazing, it works really well as an additional repeater to add more devices (even Xiaomi), but for range I've not been impressed. For range I know @jchurch has mentioned the Ikea repeaters, I just bought a couple of those yesterday and will add them this weekend to see if I get different routing with better signal strength. I don't have any issues, but I will be adding a lot more sensors and this is in preparation for that.

1 Like

Yeah I agree just like the Nue's the range isn't great which is why I threw in the 3 IKEA's and I haven't had a single issue since.

1 Like

@jchurch & @markus, you guys were spot on. They don't have great range which is something I've been able to get around by swapping in another unit I have, One of these, where I needed the range - Out to the back shed. Those devices seem to have twice the range of the Sonoff's and I have now got my shed lighting automated and sending back local temps as well via the Iris motion. Excellent.

2 Likes

Hi All,

I've install a heap of Nue 4 gang switches and I'm really happy with them. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Nue switches support "physical switch" trigger in rule machine.

I would like to know when the switch has been turned on/off at the physical switch vs a rule (motion etc)

No, I tested today. The driver doesnt disntinguish between physical and virtual. Well, I tested the 3 gang, an early version.

Thanks Mike, a mate and I thought as much from the testing we did but we're still finding our feet in Hubitat. Do you think this is something that could be addressed via an updated driver or a hardware limitation?

I'd imagine that an updated driver would fix the issue, but I cant see the driver, since it's a stock driver, prepared by @mike.maxwell. Maybe he would be able to fix it?

Thank for your input. @mike.maxwell what do you think, is this a possibility via future driver update/custom driver?

1 Like

Would like to know more about your setup.

I just bought a EufyCam 2. I'd like to set off some Aeotec (Siren 6) chimes when motion is detected.

The EufyCam 2 has 2 cameras and its HomeBase 2. It only officially supports Apple HomeKit. In the Home app so far I have

• HomeKit Hub: iPad
  • Bridges:
    • Eufy HomeBase 2 with two accessories listed as motion sensors
    • HOOBS // temporarily running on my Mac
  • The two cameras

I think I need to connect HomeKit to HOOBS to Hubitat Elevation to the Aeotec chime. I have not yet purchased anything related to a HOOBS/Hubitat/Aeotec solution yet as I want to be sure I would be successful before making the investment.

However, your post indicates that I might be able to skip the HomeKit/HOOBS solution.

For a HomeKit/HOOBS solution I don't know if the siren's chime selection and volume control capabilities will reflect back through the HOOBS bridge into HomeKit so they can be configured.

Hey man,
I was just installing your BoM Weather driver and it appears the BoM may have renamed what used to be called IDV numbers, to now be IDN.
Just thought you might like to check it out and update your Github repo OR put me straight. :slight_smile:
I've it all set up and pulling data which I'll be comparing to my Darksky account which is going the way of the dodo
Thanks

Hey, I had a look and apparently the V is for Vic - yours is presumably N for NSW :wink:
I'll fix up the instructions to refer to just an ID number instead, thanks!

1 Like

ha ha That's classic. I didn't even think it'd be something like that.
So far the BoM is MUCH more accurate than any of the international weather reports (so it should be, right) so thanks again.

I didn't even realise this existed, i've been looking for a more reliable or at least consistent weather integration. I'll check it out in the next few days. Nice work @cometfish

1 Like

Hey man, whilst you're doing a bit of updating....any chance of updating the icon set to the ones located HERE :slight_smile:
Cheers, Nic

Hi @cometfish,

I found time to set this up this afternoon and it looks great, the only issue appears to be the details around the icon, the icon itself appears as a broken link and there is a null reference or two below it.

I didn't set the icon url, should I set it to your GitHub url for the images folder?? Could the null be the forecast xml not being interpreted correctly? It appears to have downloaded according to the logs, but I do see errors / warnings about

Past forecast update time, but FTP is still in use.

Simon

I think I had this too, a while ago. I believe it will update within but around 24 hours. I dont use it anymore, so cant comment

1 Like

Same here Simon i gave it a go aswell and am seeing the same.

1 Like

Ok, thanks @mike and @welby1978.

@cometfish - I'll leave it for 24hrs and see if the forecast comes through and displays on my tile.

Simon

Yeah it's when the first forecast data doesn't come through properly... I haven't had a chance to track it down yet, but it seems to only happen on the first install.
@sburke781, @welby1978 : If it's still broken tomorrow, try pressing Reset FTP Status, then Clear Forecast Next Update, then Refresh. Then it will take a couple of mins for the forecast data to come through after pressing Refresh.

2 Likes

Thanks @cometfish, I'll let you know if it corrects itself. Perhaps a short section in the readme explaining the behaviour would help new users for now...?