Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

They do repeat will, BUT they will not allow Xiaomi (or any child device) to roam to other devices/routers. They also preclude you from viewing any child info through Xbee mapping software or the inbuilt HE route and child page.

http://Hub-ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Agreed if those things are important to you too then definitely install something else. That said because the switches are hardwired in and the fact that I always complete an in-place pair I haven't personally had any issues. I was testing these for many months prior to a bigger rollout and Xiaomi and Nue just worked for me without needing Xbee's or Ikea repeaters so I decided to keep the footprint as simple as possible. In addition. I am using a Philips Hue motion sensor, Samsung Smartthings button and Schlage zigbbe door lock through the Nue and they work fine too. The rest of my sensors are on WiFi I seem to have more on WiFi these days than Zigbee.

Just looked at the ebay listing again - it's a new seller, and the plug socket doesn't appear in 3A's usual ebay store or website either?

I also noticed they have a smoke sensor too, but unfortunately doesn't say if it's compliant with AS3786.

Ha - ur right, I didnt even look at the sellers name.
Fancy that.

Kevin (3asmarthome) has a note on his posts (see below) pointing out that there is some other sellers flogging his products but warned they are not the Australian certified ones. You may or may not be aware that his switches are basically rebadged Zemismart switches so you can just order in from Aliexpress etc. Although I have had no issues dealing with Kevin including a recent warranty claim so I don't mind going through him anyways.

Actually,
if you look at kevins (ebay:googlehome) listing he has the store address in one of the pictures of the listing.

The same thing appears in the other ebay sellers (nuesmarthome)

Will the Real Kevin please stand up..

1 Like

Yeah that's the 2 stores I believe Kevin is running it's the other ones that are the fakes.

1 Like

yeah he has the certificates in most of his listings too.
Was just checking.

2 Likes

Ok quick! Tp-link Kesa smast wifi plug or the D-Link mini wifi smart plug!?!?!

I think @jchurch would be the man in the know!

I use this. Perfect.

Don't think D-link is compatible with Hubitat but am happy to be corrected.

1 Like

haven't seen a d-link native pairing - no.

You have plenty of options here so it's really just a preference thing. I personally prefer Tasmota for my firmware of choice. There are many ESP plugs you can flash to achieve this but I really like the Brilliant plug. You will need to know how to flash plugs using Tuya Convert 2.0 though so if your purely looking for an off the shelf solution with no touchy touchy then just stick with Tp-link.

Also I have no idea about those D-link plugs as I haven't looked into them.

1 Like

Does the latest Tasmota firmware you’ve installed in the Brilliant EM plug, breakout the LED and Switching functions as separate devices ?
The Aldi plug I have flashed, resulted in individual devices being created for each function.
So I can control the LED on the plug separately from the internal Relays ( the device has two Relays as it disconnects both the Active and Neutral, lines. )

I was going to take a look at one of the IP rated Kogan EM plugs but noted that they’re only IP rated when nothing is plugged in !
That kind of defeats my use case of powering up outside lights, pond pump etc.
not that it’s ever gonna rain in NSW again, eh !

1 Like

No mate just the one relay on the Brilliant EM plug. It actually works really well in Tasmota but in HE there is no working driver as yet, I am currently speaking to a guy about that in the forums (which I think you already saw). Until that's working though I wouldn't bother with a Tasmota EM plug and purely stick to the TP-link option unless you happy to not have HE integration but it seems a little pointless.

Oh really? yeah that is definitely a waste then isn't it. Either way if you try it let me know how you get on.

1 Like

You can split out the led on any device you just need to change the gpio that controls the led from a led to a relay and then you have separate control of each.

2 Likes

Actually I’m more interested in getting them combined.
If I could combine the LED and the 2 relays in the Aldi EM plug, under one GPIO type device, it’d be better.
I can’t see any reason to utilise them independently.

Sounds like the led isn't assigned correctly to either relay. Are any of the gpio assigned to an led or are they all relays?

That is highly likely. LOL
That was my 1st Tasmota experience.

1 Like