Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Bunnings and Arlec have made a deal selling “Grid connect” smart home line

Do you know if its compatible with HE?

No you can run both if you want but I only use Zigbee and WiFi sensors so my Z-wave dongle is still in the Hubitat box :stuck_out_tongue:

But I only have one USB port

There is a second USB on the power cord line in, from memory.

Actually, I just went and had a look.

You must have a C-5 hub, which has zigbee built in. You only need to plug in the zwave device stick. They must have included the zigbee stick accidently - which they used to do for the C4 hubs.

1 Like

Really...which is which?

You'd need to purchase a Tuya compatible powerboard then flash it with Tasmota. You just try and get one from Bunnings or Kmart then flash it OTA using Tuya Convert 2.0.

Once your running Tasmota you can then use HE Tasmota drivers to integrate it.

I personally use Xiaomi but it's a mind field of support issues with certain Zigbee devices (i'm lucky). However if you want something that just works just get the Philips Hue ones on a sale or Samsung Smarthings.

Hubitat, settings, Hub details......look there.

Ok :+1:t3: Also I found my Hue bridge and linked my account. But I can’t see any accessories. Is that normal?

Keep your hue lights connected to the hue bridge. But connect any buttons and motion sensors to the habitat directly.

Ok will do…thanx you guys!!! I don’t feel so alone :joy:

1 Like

I say, Iris motions ( from eBay) are great and being Zigbee work here just fine.
Get a 10 pack. :+1:t3:

Otherwise SmartThings sensors from JB HiFi work without the complications that the xiaomi devices, have. Slightly more expensive but WAY less “work” needed.

1 Like

Yep normal, I have some on HUE and some on HE (all bulbs on HUE). The only motion sensors etc I put on HE are for more complicated rules the HUE cannot do.

Cheers
Steve

I also use Ziaomi https://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_659226.html?wid=1349303 I haven't had any reliability issues although others have reported this.
Although I haven't been able to get this version to work https://www.banggood.com/KONKE-Zigbee-3_0-Open-Protocol-Smart-Home-Human-Body-Sensor-Wireless-Connection-Light-Motion-Sensor-Switch-From-Xiaomi-Eco-system-p-1551514.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=GWTR

I just noticed that the Tp-link powerboard is now sold at JBHIFI so you could just get that and use the Hubitat community driver for it.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/tp-link-kasa-smart-wi-fi-power-strip

1 Like

Yes, they were on special 2 weeks ago, and I got one for $67 delivered via ebay. They work well. Much thanks to @djgutheinz who quickly updated the integration.

2 Likes

Btw I forgot to let you and the others know. I learnt from Kevin (3asmarthome) last week that the little toggle switch under the Nue switch cover actually turns off the blue LED's. I had no clue LOL.

What??! Is this for the new models, or all ? I will need to examine? Where is this toggle?

Yeah I know right he should totally advertise this. No i believe it's always been there. If you look top left of this picture you will see it. Mine is broken in this one which is why it came up and I have sent it to him for repair.

Mine looks very different. (This is single gang)

1 Like