Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

@sburke781 - didn't think of that have it on 10 seconds, will push iut out to 1 min and see
@steveff - cool, might be my network the laptop is on the far end of the wifi range
will test and see

Hi All, I am pretty sure there is a couple of you on here that are running Nue switch dimmers. I just wanted to know what downlights your using as I think the led downlights in my new house aren't completely compatible with them so I may switch them out. I find that when I am dimmed to say 10-40% the lights may flicker or flash after about 20-30mins. I don't have dimming in every zone only a few so if it's an easy light replacement I'll just switch them out.

EDIT: for anyone interested as well, I noted that 3asmarthomes is now selling Nue switches that don't have a pair button inside the cover (see pic). They usually just auto pair out of the box now or if you need to force it you just press and hold the switch to force it. Anyways I found that pretty cool as removing the cover is sometimes a pain and you need to be careful not to scratch your nicely painted walls when you do it.

3 Likes

Found the ebay seller and ordered a 2 pack. hopefully they turn up before Christmas!

1 Like

I actually called Kevin at 3asmarthomes and asked him if he had any experience with suitable downlights and he sent me details of one he had tested for a customer that worked well. I ended up buying them and it's a very nice downlight for the money. It's this. These guys are not far from our house. They said they sells tonnes of these to electricians and developers and have had zero come back. FWIW, I think it's a nice downlight. Well built for that price point. I'm going to buy more when we do the rest of the house.

1 Like

ok I think my issue is the Hubitat, swapped network cable, swapped port etc and it keeps dropping off the network for a few seconds, it isn't rebooting when it does this it just seems to stop IP traffic, any ideas ?
Edit: this is supported by ping timeouts and visual observation on the back of the switch.

Probably best to shoot support@hubitat.com an email. They may be able to help if it's a software or db issue

1 Like

Just a thought.
Have you tried another power pack ??

@gbrown - planning to if I can't sort it, moved it to a different room so going to move it back if all else fails
@njanda - no evidence of power loss but I have moved it to another plug to see if that makes a difference

This behavior started when you added the Hue Hub ?
Could it be IP conflict or channel issues ?
If you disconnect the Hue hub network cable does the ping recover to your HE ?

I've set both devices to static ip's on the router, haven't tried yanking the hue hub yet but as far as I can tell it's on ch25 and the habitat is on ch20.

I'm starting to suspect the router as the google home mini and google nest mini have been playing up as well, (apparently the boss's "summons button" isn't activating the googles to summon me) I had the Hubitat on a separate switch not direct into the router so may put it back there and see if the problem goes away.

Think I'll do a full network restart tomorrow night before work. Might be time to beg for a new router for xmas……….

Start begging for some Ubiquiti kit you'll thank me later :wink:

Now that I am in the new house I have finally installed the mains water valve and it works a treat. I will be pairing this with some Xiaomi zigbee water sensors (literally on my desk at work). Sorry about blurry pic quality I must have moved :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Anyone else use RING products, I have the ring floodlight and it works really well but the light doesn't light up the whole backyard when motion is detected. I ordered some HUE Lily spots on black Friday (great, will get some more) to add some extra light and party up the back yard a bit and have hooked them through Hue to HE to IFTTT and the Ring motion sensor. Seems to do the trick with a rule to turn on with motion and off 60 seconds later (same as my ring floodlight) but of course it would be good if this could be done without IFTTT? So, after all that, the question is can I get motion trigger from the Ring floodlight without IFTTT (looking for local triggering).

Looks like I may be able to answer my own question, will give this a go, lets you control the light, will need to see if the light can then be used as a trigger as I just need additional lights to come on if this light comes on.

I don't suppose anyone on here has used HE with the Sono's One's and Google Assistant? I wanted to know what happens if you connect the Sono's One to HE via Chromecast addon and NOT via the Sono integration and you used TTS during a song. I'm keen to understand will it speak then continue playing or does it restart the track.

Reason I ask this is I have found that when listening to a Spotify playlist on the Sono's and a TTS comes through it will restart from the beginning of the playlist and not just the track it's playing. I asked @mike.maxwell about this but nothing will be done until Sono's sort out their future API so I wondered is the Chromecast built into the Sono's speaker maybe a good workaround to the issue. I just don't have any Sono's One's to "test" this with but if it worked as I mentioned then i'd just get those for my rear deck.

I am Super excited with this addition in the lastest firmware, keen to buy one and see how it goes/start coding it in.

Nue Zigbee Fan Controller (HGZB-FS)

1 Like

Hello all :blush::+1:t3:Just got the hub and it came with two sticks! One is a wifi dongle. Any idea what it’s for?

1 Like

Welcome mate. The 2 USB sticks are 1) Zigbee and 2) Z-wave. The Hub itself is plugged into the ethernet so it's already connected to your network.

Thanx for the quick response mate. So do I have to choose one or the other?

Hey! Anyone come across a good deal on smart power boards. Would like to be able to control each of the outlets individualy. Also any good deals on cheap motions sensors. All AU/NZ compatable ofc. Thanks in advance!