Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I use Sonoff Basic R3's on 2 lamps in the bedroom and they are almost instant on WiFi so if your thinking of doing bulbs and don't mind cutting the inline cables instead then I highly recommend that for performance. You will need to flash etc but then they do have a DIY mode now so it's easy peasy :wink:

You are right though Zigbee is bloody fast and that's always my go to with WiFi in a close second place. Z-wave given it's country frequency differences and high AUS cost is dead to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways back to the point, those filament bulbs do look nice though, in fact maybe i could just buy some cheap ones (see below) and simply do the inline Sonoff Basics to turn on and off.

My HS-110 is lightning fast.... (like 4.9 out of 5) to the point where its actually quite addictive to turn it on and off just to hear the instant and satisfying 'click'!! That is when interacting through both Hubitat and also the Kasa app. It is understandably slow through the Google Home app.

@njanda Not that the lack of speed deters from your current use case but I think its worth looking into. I wonder if it has anything to do with the presence of Kasa app?? I read the TP-Link Hubitat integration doesn't need it but perhaps it does to keep the comms local...????

Something new I have recently worked on. If you haven't played with ST_Anything HubDuino you are missing out :wink:

https://tinyurl.com/y54qnz8y

5 Likes

Nice one man.
Wish I had a friendly plumber to swap out my old water main tap for a 1/2 turn ball valve.
Then Iโ€™d be going down a similar path.

1 Like

Might be worth getting a plumber to install the below and go the same route as me?

1 Like

Iโ€™d get gas done at the same time :+1:t2::blush:

1 Like

@jchurch - Why am I thinking add a motion sensor and use it as a water gun ambush...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..

2 Likes

I am going to build a sprinkler system so yes that could be done :grin::grin:

Can anyone recommend a decent siren? Was looking at something like this SmartHome - DOME Z-Wave Indoor Siren or this Radio Parts - Electronics & Components - AB02Z Z-WAVE 100DB SIREN ALARM DOOR CHIME.

1 Like

Sure can. Also our good friend @anon61068208 just created a Shelly 1 Alarm driver for it too :slight_smile:

http://blog.smarterhome.club/2019/09/07/shelly1strobealarm/

1 Like

So the Shelley will run off 12V? That's great not having to mess with non approved mains stuff. However I just needed it for indoor use as a screamer

That is correct

Just order a screamer then and connect it to the Shelly. You don't need to purchase the entire unit like I did.

1 Like

Doh! Good point!

2 Likes

Hi all, had my HE for a couple of weeks now. Connected a few Aeotec Nano Dimmers, and some TP-Link plus. So far so good.

Now looking for some small garden spotlights.

I've read about the Sylvania Smart+ range but can't find them in Australia (think called Osram Lightify here?). The Philips Hue spots look ok, just very expensive. Alternatively could just use another smart plug and a regular set off garden spots.

Any recommendations? Thanks

Hi Dave, Welcome.
Be careful with lights especially [quote="daveh, post:961, topic:11425"]
Lightify
[/quote]. As they can screw up other Zigbee devices if you mix ZHA gear (sensors) and ZLL gear (lights) on your mesh.
Thereโ€™s plenty to search on this forum but basically it appears that most lights function the best on their own hub.
Sengled would be the exception and theyโ€™re recommended.

Anybody tried the sengled par38 globes with the new driver that arrived with release 2.1.6.118 since the firmware update I cannot control the globes at all...wondering if it's unique to us in Aus or an issue worldwide.

Iโ€™ve only got GU10 Sengleds in the latest HE driver and theyโ€™re working great.
Did you have the pars working pre- 2.1.6.118 ?

In a basic form yes, now I cannot change the dimmer level or turn them on or off from the dashboard, I have deleted them several times and struggle to discover them now as well.

Thanks nic, yeah I had read a few posts on the ZigBee issues with lights. Makes me a little hesitant.

Sengled don't seem to make a garden spot (something small that mounts in the ground and points up to the plants).

Others that I've come across in the forum aren't available in Australia like the Lightify ones.

Perhaps I'll just try a single smart switch/plug controlling a cheap non-smart set of garden spots.

Where did you find GU10 Sengleds?
Bunnings only seems to have two non-smart ones, and a Mood and Delayed Turn Off listed (these don't look like Zigbee?).
sengled.com.au doesn't seem to have any GU10s listed either, just an option to replace the whole downlight.