Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Thanks. Are the zwave modules specific to Assure 2, or generic for both models?

They are generic thankfully.

1 Like

2 hubs purchased direct from Hubitat with no duty paid on arrival.

4 Likes

How come you chose to replace the zigbee modules with z wave?
Asking as I have 2 with zigbee

I found battery powered Zigbee devices unreliable at my place on the c7, even with the external antenna mod.

Strangely, on the c8, using the same high quality antennas from my c7, my battery powered Zigbee thermostats etc all behave now.

Ah fair enough then.

Still rocking a c4 here, and cant say ive had many issues with the devices themselves.

I have the zigbee version, which has been rock solid since installed. I have a lot of zigbee devices which all work without issue. C8 though.

Anyone can recommend a zwave or zigbee connected Smoke/Flame Detector?
For out in the garage, where the alarm on a standard device may not be as easily heard.

I have a Nest Protect smoke alarm. But you can't use it in HE directly (mine comes in through homebridge).

Works really good. Iโ€™ve installed in the garage too.

3 Likes

It sure if we are supposed to post items for sale, so feel free to remove if in breach
Anyone interested in
5 x Aeotec LED screw thread light bulbs ($150 for all)
Or
5 x aeotec Wallmote quad switchโ€™s ($100 for all need some cleaning up)
All used and AU zwave

Thanks. Ordered 2.

I have a bunch of these, work great. I use the Heiman Zigbee Smoke Detector Driver which you will find in Hubitat Package Manager.

3 Likes

Has anyone use the Shelley Wave 2PM which is using Z-Wave Plus 800 with the Hubitat C-8? Have a garden light that is in an awkward position blocked by brickwork, and can't seem to get Zigbee to connect at all in spite of repeaters being close by (but still blocked by brickwork). So will have to use Z-Wave.

Have used an Aeotec Nano Dual switch before, but I'm finding the Aeotec Nano switches have an undesirably short lifespan as compared to their old Micro. I'm interested in the Shelley as they are suppose to use Z-Wave 800 which is suppose to have better range than Z-Wave 500, but am worried about compatibility with the C-8 and drivers for them. Has anyone successfully used them with Hubitat?

Quite a bit cheaper that aeotec units, I would be interested to see how you go if you buys any of these units

My concern is the current lack of native Hubitat drivers for them. Most zwave devices work better with their own drivers IME.

Was told by Shelley support when I contacted them that it was not supported. Saw the EU version was supported with the Qubino drivers, so had hoped to use that too.

Will probably go Fibaro Z-Wave; they seemed more reliable, and we don't really have that many Z-Wave options for Au.

Oz SmartThings are selling Australian spec Shelly zwave gear, so I suspect Shelly support is not fully informed.

Personally, I went with Aeotec, simply because Fibaro are happy to sell their zwave modules to anyone, but refuse to provide support in the form of firmware updates to anyone not using their expensive controllers.

Aeotec provides the software and zwave USB sticks to make this easy if needed,

1 Like

I actually asked them first, and they said it's not supported on the Hubitat C-8.

I suppose my automation is usually set and forget. I've had 2 new Aeotec Dual Nano fail on my over the past year, so am not keen on going that way again. Their old Micro was solid for many years, which was why I went with the first.

Ah right, your comment wasnโ€™t clear so I thought you meant Australia wasnโ€™t a supported region yet.