Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

sure, feel free to flick me a message with a counter offer that's the first number I pulled out of my ā– ā– ā– , i'm mindful about spamming this thread so I'll try take it to PMs

1 Like

My wife said no to a 3rd C7, even tho it was a bargain. :rofl:

@Aag i have some Clipsal wiser dimmers and smart outdoor power point. I havenā€™t moved them to my Hubitat system yet. Did you have any issues pairing and finding drivers? Thanks for your help!

No issues with pairing and the drivers are available, only issue I had was double physical press to turn on tap due to the firmware which I upgraded - check out Reddit thread

1 Like

G'day mates... wanted to ask that you look at this app being built by someone in your backyard (globally speaking) and encourage you to show some love and support.

hubiVue is a dashboard app that is being written and developed by myself, and I'd love your input, thoughts and of course, support in what I'm doing - us local Aussies need to better support the made-in-Australia idea where we can right :stuck_out_tongue: ??

hubiVue v1.2.2 Build 12045 has just been released for all of the following supported platforms;

• Native iOS 11.x or greater for iPhone and iPad via Apple AppStore
  • Native Android (API 21 / Lollipop) or greater phones and tablets via Google Play
  • Native Fire Amazon via App Store
  • Desktop app for Windows 10 and 11 have been uploaded to the hubivue.com website.
  • Desktop app for macOS 11.x or greater have been uploaded to the hubivue.com website.
  • Web based app for Chrome/Safari is available at app.hubivue.com/web.
8 Likes

Installed the Windows version and entered my details to sign up. No email was recieved.
Checked my junk mail also. So then I thought I would see if it would accept me as an existing user. No email with a verification code was recieved. Is your email server down ?
Looking forward to testing this out...

1 Like

Looks really good, however I think youā€™re going to have an uphill battle considering iOS 16 just released and the new home app makes for really amazing Hubitat UI.

Keen to see this in reality - every time Iā€™ve tried to get anything talk to Home it has heaps of challenges.

PM the email address you used. Thatā€™s a concern if itā€™s not working :disappointed:

Iā€™m running homebridge between Hubitat and Home kit and the results are nothing short of fantastic. The user interface is really really nice, particularly with the new iOS version 16 home app. It looks fantastic.

I spent several hours today, tweaking it to my liking, and now Iā€™m really happy with it.

It must have improved radically recently because the last time I tried, it was the reason I built hubiVue. Iā€™d love to be wrong, but never once found homebridgeā€™s interface with Hubitat to be sufficient. But each to their own and if youā€™re happy with what youā€™re getting from that, then all good to you.

One of the benefits of hubiVue is that your guests and other friends donā€™t need to be Apple fan boys to participate in the home dashboard youā€™ve selected. Means you can have Android tablets and/or FireHD devices and Apple iPhones working together with a dashboard on web, and desktop thatā€™s all the same. Canā€™t have that with Home kit.

2 Likes

Tried to sign up also but no email either.

1 Like

The integration using homebridge v2 works very well, much better than the previous version, which used the maker API.

Iā€™ve intentionally set up our home automation so guests and family members simply donā€™t need to interact with it via an app 99% of the time.

All the light switches and everything work normally because they have z-wave modules behind them, and the only things that you might need to do as a guest can be done with voice commands to Alexa or via our Zigbee security keypad.

Tbh I think a lot of people miss the whole concept of home automation, and think that it means everything must be run through an app.

We will agree to disagree about this. I have heaps of devices that benefit from remotely being controlled out of convenience. My family and guests love how they can manage the home just like you do with saying Apple Home has such a great experience - if you need that simple UI so do they. But hey, if your significant others in your life feel addressed via room sensors, schedules and basic wall switches, then more power to you. Mine get a beautiful looking iPhone and Android app that has a simple and basic dashboard of a few things that make life a little easier. It would cost you nothing to have and canā€™t be done with Apple Home kit.

1 Like

Also - for those that tried to sign up and never got the emails. Sorry about that. I had a mail service issue that should now be resolved.

Actually itā€™s down again :disappointed:

Bloody cloud services :joy:

1 Like

Dude donā€™t be so defensive, my first comment was praise for your work. I merely pointed out that appleā€™s home app is getting a lot of praise and traction in the marketplace and will be a tough competitor for you.

PS I hear that for the non tech savvy, Hoobs is doing a roaring trade integrating HomeKit with other platforms like Hubitat. Personally Iā€™m running home bridge in docker on my open media vault server.

1 Like

Thanks - well, why not give it a go, as I'd much prefer support in a way where you give constructive feedback on how it can be better rather than pointing out how it will likely fail. I have no doubt it will be an uphill battle to win the hearts and minds of everyone, but was hoping to lean on my Aussie mates here to be strong advocates of a locally grown and built solution to dashboards for Hubitat.

PS - looks like the mail server has breathed new life and it spitting out the emails... so those that signed up but never saw an email should have them in their inbox now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cā€™mon man, I said the following:

however I think youā€™re going to have an uphill battle

Thatā€™s not the same as ā€œYou will failā€. I hope you find a nice niche as I do really like the look of it.

As I said before, it looks really nice - I think itā€™ll make a great wall mounted iPad UI (something Iā€™ve wanted to do for ages).

I do have some initial feedback.

When creating an account via the app (iOS), after you hit the next button and it sends you an email, Iā€™d suggest adding something that stays on screen to tell ppl to go to their email for the code before proceeding. As is, it just defaults back to the sign on screen. In my current drugged up state, that confused me (iā€™m on oxycodine as a result of carpal tunnel surgery on Monday.). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I highly recommend creating an integration application for Hubitat rather than using the maker API. I found the maker API leaks memory like crazy and causes major performance issues.

Any way, as previously stated I really like the look of it I think it would make a really good permanent wall mounted iPad UI for me. I think this app would make a really secure option for this because you can prevent it from accessing things like security systems and so on.