Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Anyone have a spare AUS power socket adaptor for a Philips Hue plug for a Hue Go lamp? I made the mistake of buying a GB lamp which has a GB / CA plug.

All, Can you please help me with this?

I have Aeotec Nano light switches (Zwave) spread out around the house from June 2021. They have been working fine until a couple of days ago. Now they stop responding at all.

I have :

• Tried Repair Z-wave function from Settings and it didn't do anything.
  • Rebooted the hub but didn't bring the devices back
  • Power cycled the hub (unplug the cable and wait a couple of minutes before plugging it back on) and it seemed to bring the devices back for a few hours before they all went down again.
  • Soft reset the hub through Settings which brought back the devices for a couple of hours before they went down again.

It seems that the hub can only maintain zwave for a few hours before they are go down again. Any idea why ?

I have stable zwave connection, no new zwave items added lately, and this just suddenly stopped working. Hub is on its latest version.

Is the zwave radio on the hub still working?

Appreciate it if you can assist with this issue. Let me know if you need anything from me.

Is it the same type of power supply as for the hue bridge?

I’d cycle your breakers to shut down the Aeotec modules. This has solved a similar problem for me in the past.

1 Like

I just did what you suggested so turned off breakers for all lights without turning down Hubitat. Powered breakers on and automatically alive again all those zwave devices. Now need to wait for a few hours to see whether they will suddenly die again.

1 Like

You should be fine - I suspect you had a super brief power outage that put them in a bad state - this has happened to me a couple of times. I solved the issue permanently with a Tesla PowerWall. :rofl:

mate, talk about bringing it to the next level! Can I ask how much it cost you for the Tesla Powerwall?

1 Like

12.7k installed via AGL - they gave me a 1k discount for joining their VPP so normal price is about 13.7k.

1 Like

Let me dream big and go there one day :innocent: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2% finance made it a no brainer for me too, much better to spend some one else’s money than my savings. :rofl:

1 Like

It may be, but I have moved back onto using the bridge, in case you were going to suggest using the adaptor on that power supply.

Actually if it's the power supply with the same kind of slide in plugs then this might be of use as it does fit the hue bridge psu Slide Plug For Ten Pao Model S018EM1200150 Switching Power | eBay

This might actually be an easier (and cheaper) option, apart from the size issue...:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/jackson-inbound-travel-adaptor-usa-and-uk_p7050068

yep - but they tend to clog up the adjacent power socket tho!

From HERE but it looks like they’re “out of stock” now.

The Power board appears to remember last used state for each Power outlet and the USB ports (USB's are ALL either ON or OFF, not switched individually)

Also the displayed price is twice what I paid….

I'm about to embark on a (near) whole house renovation and one thing I would like to do is get rid of the smart power plugs I have dotted around the house (TP Link and Ikea predominately). Preferably zigbee based.

However haven't found a lot of options but did come across this one from Clipsal: https://www.clipsal.com/products/detail?CatNo=3025CSG&itemno=3025CSG&backto=/search?q=clipsal%20zigbee&tab-document-1=0

Appreicate they are very pricey but I do like the idea of buying a reputable brand.

Has anyone had any experience with these on Hubitat? Or are there better alternatives for an AU Zigbee double powerpoint?

Have a look at these. I have not tried them myself, but reviews look positive.
Price is MUCH better.

Just as a side note, the trade price on the Clipsal ones is Excl. Tax: $139.58
Incl. Tax: $153.54

1 Like

I'm using the Mercator and it has individual switching but power monitoring is for both sockets at once.

2 Likes

Drivers for the Mercator products are hit and miss, so be wary of what you buy.

2 Likes

@dJOS just want to say thank you again because you gave me a solution to my issue. I never realised that we have been too reliant on the lights to be turned on/off automatically or just by yelling to google.
It was kinda painful to get out of bed to turn off the light especially because winter is coming.
Lazy bums indeed.
You are my hero for saving me not yelling to my kids to turn off the light or debating for 5 mins on who should turn it off.....

2 Likes