Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

oh yeah, ugly as, but probably something that covers it and you can put a sticker on it or something.

1 Like

I’ll try to make something that can use double sided tape.

Probably a market for them on etsy/ebay if it looks nice. Just a bit that the material tends to cost a bit for the printers.

I make most of my 3D designs available for free as I believe in open source.

https://www.printables.com/social/171511-djos_1475/models

I also design adapters for vintage computers and while I do sell them, they too are open source designs (on GitHub).

Yeah totally, but it's good when people who don't have access to a printer to buy them off you as well. Good on you for open source.

1 Like

The materials aren’t expensive, but decent printers certainly are. My main printer has cost a small fortune to get to its current capabilities.

Got a couple of awesome Google Home mini holders off a guy who printed them, and wacked some 3m tape on them. Simple but effective.

1 Like

Could even make something like this but with height for the switch Power switch molly guard for Fractal Define S2 by rangeryogi | Download free STL model | Printables.com

That’s quite clever, I could definitely adapt that to work with power switches.

You can find a few models on Thingiverse. Eg.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3924959?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

That’s a pretty good model.

That's not too bad for single light switches. Not as useful for multi-gang ones of course.

I can report that the Schneider PDL/Clipsal micro switch PDL5011WSZ works well with the generic Zigbee switch driver.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just got myself a couple of new ZIGBEE 4 way power boards that are AU/NZ certified, from AliExpress !

They paired up easily and give me control over - each power outlet individually (On & Off) and also ALL USB ports at once (On & Off)

Pretty happy as it’s really cleaned up a collection of outlets and double adapters.

It’ll be interesting to see what affect they have on the existing device routing.

5 Likes

What "brand" are they? Not expecting something recognisable.... Though, they did get the tick...

White boxed.
Nothing like a brand printed on the item or the "white box"
Below…

I know I certainly get sick of seeing the Approvals brand advertising every ad-break in the Sunday Rugby League game...

At least they will still operate when we are all gone when the planet warms to 70C.... :slight_smile:

1 Like

That did seem a little negative, it certainly is good to have a board with addressable outloets, from memory the kasa one's aren't available out here (admittedly Wi-Fi, not Zigbee), so still cool, if not a major brand.

So how do you control them "normally", is it via a Smart-Life equivalent like Jivoo that I've seen mentioned for some of the other models?

Nice find. Got a link?

How's the default power on behaviour? Off or Last state?

Looks like a Tuya ZigBee white label rebrand job.

1 Like