Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Afternoon down under crew! Really keen to integrate my Risco alarm system, to at least be able to arm and disarm through HE. Risco were meant to be releasing an API last year, but still nothing. I have found a few projects written for mqtt bridge (with node.js), homeassistant and homebridge. How easy would it be for me to convert this into driver code to be used by HE. Not a lot of coding skills but a quick learner, just wondering if this is something I could take on? Cheers...

oh well, ended up buying 14 Hue RGBs. Expensive but i didn't have many Zigbee options.

Did you look at the mercator ikuu ones?

damn it, no. Just looked at them now. Are they good in your experience? I'm tempted by their zigbee downlights

I haven't tried them myself but a few of the guys on the forum has and they sounded promising

Support is hit and miss. Vendor is unwilling to help so our ability to make them work is highly dependent on luck. So far so good.

I feel that the extra $20-30/light is maybe worth it for hue

1 Like

Here is my experience with the bulbs.... I have over 30 bulbs on the hue bridge of various brands, only 4 is hue (3x E27 and 1x GU10). All working fine for the past 2 years. The first of all my bulbs that died last month.... is the Hue E27. My odds are not looking great there....

Thanks @bendarklighter - i'm also looking at the Nue downlights too:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B09293LD5P?ref=myi_title_dp

I have one of the nue ones and personally not liking it. Its RGBW and the W is cool white. If you go to warm white it has a really bad looking orange hue. It's also not as bright in warm white. Its ok if you only stick with cool white (which kinda defeats the purpose). I would stick with RGBCCT downlights only.

So which is your fave non-hue zigbee downlight?

I use Gledopto RGBCCT downlights. Unfortunately not certified. For this reason alone not something I can recommend for Aus. Back then it was either this or the hue and I wasn't too keen on Hue so I'm taking a risk. I'm pretty happy with it otherwise. If I had a do over I probably would try the Mercator one just coz its Aus certified and cheaper than Gledopto (Yes it may be on AliExpress but its not a cheapo).

This fella?

https://www.lightingillusions.com.au/shop/downlights/mercator-smart-zigbee-walter-9w-rgb-cct-led-downlight-ip44-smd4109w-rgb-zb-42764

yep that one. Its RGBCCT so shouldnt have that orange problem the nue RGBW has. Best to try one out before committing too many tho

1 Like

Hey fellow Aussies, I understand the wiring for reverse cycle air conditioners (wired wall control) in Australia is somewhat unique and does not support the smart thermostats. Has anyone been successful?
Builders (new home as you may have guessed) have recommended the Daikin Ducted Reverse Cycle A/C, specifically the model FDYAN100AV1 / RZA100CV1 (With a wired wall controller).
I was thinking to replace the controller with an Ecobee so I can also integrate with my Zigbee smart home, and had looked at the EzLink. But seems they have vanished as an option (last update was 2019, perm out of stock, and no replies after many attempts).
Would love to hear what others managed to do iro refer cycle systems in Aussie?

Also keen to hear this as well. I have a Fujitsu unit that I'm hoping to link to Ecobee. Sick of having the heater on the central aircon set to 20 degrees, but continuing to blast away when the room is well over 20 degrees!

I recently bought 10 of the Mercator IKUU CCT downlights as well as the RGB-CCT downlights, have 15 more on order now. They look great, the CCT and RGB-CCT actually look consistent at different white levels, and much better than the Nue RGBW downlights I had (which had a very pink/orange hue when set to a warm white).

The only issues I'm having so far, I think are more linked to how I have it set up in Hubitat:

1. With Zigbee group messaging on, the lights don't transition anymore, it is all just instant
  2. Without ZIgbee group messaging, occasionally some lights don't turn off. Haven't really figured out why that is yet.

I have a Samsung ducted with a Samsung wall controller. Evaluated iZone and MyAir controllers. Ended up going with iZone as it doesn't mandate a wall controller or Android tablet like MyAir.

We control it exclusively from our iPhones using iZone app for now. The Samsung wall controller is disconnected. I have the API documentation and a SmartThings app is available, will look at converting it to Hubitat once things calm down around here (we have a newborn).

iZone is excellent though. Per-room temperature control and the room gets to temp really fast.

maybe look at this first as it might save some time

Iā€™m in the middle of a major re-write of a driver for this that will not only support everything about iZone but also the additional switches, lights and irrigation etc. Iā€™m also updating to use V2 of the iZone communication protocols that provide significantly better features and feedback.

Please wait if you can as Iā€™d be keen to get feedback on bugs etc.

1 Like