Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Sounds good.

Nice! Including power monitors as well?

Unfortunately I don't have a Power Monitoring Device to test against, but I should be able to add the needed support for it and ask that someone test and provides results etc.

I do have a Smart Plug and some lights and garage door devices, so will test/build for all these

Cool. I have the power monitoring device so let me know, I can help to test

Magic, thanks. Been thinking iZone, I’ll look at that as a solution to integrate control. I think it can work with Daikin as well if I recall.
Didn’t realise we didn’t need a control panel, good!
I’m building a granny flat and main house (detached) so hopefully looking to use same solution in both.

I'm just about to install IZone in my house with a Daikin Unit.
It looks good, and there is already development done for HE.

I was given advise that the Wired Controllers is advisable. Save changing batteries and Pairing, Getting a bit of push back from the installer though.

1 Like

I went wired temperature sensors. iZone weren't too keen on installing them, but they were happy to supply and let me get my electrician to install them. We ran Cat5 from the sensors to the roof space where the A/C is, both ends terminated with RJ-12. It's extra cost but I hate dealing with batteries.

Also had a spare Cat5 in the roof space connected to the home network for the iZone controller, so nothing is on Wi-Fi.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Installer is a nice guy but kept pushing me towards the Bluetooth option. that is just the message I needed to back my decision.

Just want to check, You didn't need the Wifi Bridge to run iZone on your phone? the control unit is wired to the switch and you can still connect remotely?

I did need the Wi-Fi bridge as it provides the ethernet port. On my invoice it's named as "wifi kit":
iZONE NAKED - 8 ZONE + WIRELESS CONTROLLER + SAMSUNG + WIFI KIT

A better name for it would have been "ip bridge with wifi".

So you opted for no display?
I have a quote for the Nexus tab, so I can use my Android dashboard on it but have the main system in the background.

Yea, I didn't want any of their controllers on the wall. I'll bundle up everything (intercom, a/c, lights) on a Hubitat dashboard on my own wall mounted Android tablets.

daikin airbase adapter only add a couple of hundred dollars and adds wifi control, this means you can stick with your original choice

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully put a Shelly relay inline with a garage (roller) door opener. Mine is a Homentry brand from Bunnings (Australia).

I have a Shelly 1 wired in to the unit, and powered by external 12v power supply. It works great with HE and controls the door well. Although, about 10 seconds after powering up, the Door unit's buttons and RF remotes stop working. The remote signal is received, but not processed. The unit's error lights signify a short circuit.

If I power down the Shelly, the door works normally again.
Both the door and the Shelly work, just not together.
Are there any known workarounds? TIA

Anyone know where to get something like this for Australia. My google fu is failing, as I dont know what they are called.

How have you set the shelly up? It should be just a momentary close i'd imagine if like most door openers, if it's latching that would be the problem. Does the door opener have a set of contacts that you just need to bridge out to have it open/close?

1 Like

Have a look at Element14 or RS components.

1 Like

I had it set up as a toggle. Not sure why, as I set this up a couple months ago. That wasn't the issue though, it was the rule associated with the toggle.
Back to momentary and a rule change and we're all working now :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

Bunnings sells Orbit gear. I reckon you could special order it there.

1 Like

Anyone else use a Beyonwiz PVR? Not a major part of my setup atm, only turned on what is now an old T3 unit for the first time in 2-3 years. Was able to set it up in Harmony, which is encouraging, and was interested to see if anyone else has done anything cool with these units.

Simon