Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Did u ever get Linktap running on HE, I just found it after searching for a wireless irrigation controller. I am Hoping this works out it seems to be what i am looking for. Thanks

@chuck1 I bought a couple of Linktaps last year, and while I haven't actually integrated them with my Hubitat, I'd be happy to try to help. I have some experience with APIs in general.

Hey All,
After 3 cheap zigbee power monitoring wall switches.
I have 2 smart 6's here but they both seemed to be pretty tempermental.
ta

These are kind of big but they have been working very well for me.
I’ve even got one that I soaked in some acrylic water proofer that’s been operating outside and still going strong :blush:

Hi all, just thought I'd put this here in case it helps someone. I was looking for an in-wall/on-wall touchscreen solution and went through quite a few options from a slim touchscreen monitor with separate source device (Odroid or Intel NUC) to wifi based touchscreens such as the Airview to touchscreen AIO systems.
I wanted something bigger than what tablets are able to offer and ideally wanted something around the 21" mark, but ended up settling for 15,6" when I came across this deal on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Intel-Celeron-15-6-Inch-Desktop-AIO-AP16-015AU/dp/B084Q9BS29/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=msi+16+pro+aio&qid=1622977602&sr=8-1

All the Australian IT shops sell these for between $650 and $890 depending on whether they come with Win10. For some reason Amazon has some at $270 delivered! I wouldn't even be able to get a decent mini-pc together for that money let alone have a touchscreen, so I jumped on it.

Only downsides that I could see is that it's a bit bulkier and it's only 1366x768 and not 1920x1080 but happy to overlook that for the money.
I might recess this into the wall so that it looks less bulky but I also like the fact that the hinge for the walllmount/stand is quite strong so that I can use that to pull it away from the wall when I'm using it in a more top-down fashion like it would be when lying flat on a table. Recessing it in the way that I was planning would remove that option. Anyway, I'll try to just mount it on the wall instead first and see how much I get bothered by its thickness (2,5cm)

Ideally I'd still want a 21" and hang it in portrait mode, but this is a good first step for the price and one that I can potentially still reuse somewhere else in the house later in life. When slim 21" AIO systems or 21" slim wifi touch monitors start to become afordable I'll simply replace this one with the 21" :wink:

4 Likes

I'm sure this gets asked frequently but for e27 Zigbee bulbs (colour), what should I choose that works with HE and is decent quality? I've got 6 bulbs in my outdoor garage and just can't justify $80 x 6 - but I do want colour :slight_smile:

What do you plan to do with it?

I've got a wall panel with 14 (!!) switches that my wife absolutely loathes as she spends her time flicking 10 switches before finding the right one (which in turn drives me crazy) :smiley:

So I'm going to install the monitor there instead of the switches and have my dashboard on there, not just for the switches but for basically everything :wink:

It's in a spot that you walk up to all the time, especially coming in from the front door, so it will visually be a lot nicer as well to have that screen up there and give a bit of a wow-factor to the house (I hope)

Wow, I can't believe they may a 14 switch panel!! Turn it on it's side and feel like you're in a hotel lift... :smile:

2 Likes

hahaha yeah, it's crazy isn't it! The weird part is, there's 3 switches in there that I still haven't found what they actually operate!! :rofl::rofl:

I'm going to take off that panel and use the metal casing that sits underneath to house some in-wall zigbee swtiches instead. Then just put the monitor over what you see now. It's slightly wider than this wall plate and nearly double the height so should look good.

Ideally though, I would've installed a 21" vertically to make it look like one of those screens built into fridges these days :slight_smile:

Btw, since the monitor also has a webcam, I'm going to see if I can get a little 2-way video doorbell activity going as well :smiley:

1 Like

Nice, I have a 10" tablet mounted on the side of my fridge with magnetic surface mounts, think I would struggle to keep something that size held up.... :slight_smile:

The screen does open up so many opportunities. Admittedly mine is running Android, but I'm sure you'd be able to do something similar to mine by issueing commands via AutoRemote. I use it to issue a HTTP command to the tablet then have tasker open Chrome to display my dashboard based on a presence sensor also magnetically mounted above the tablet.

I dare you to tee up a HE dashboard that overlays a picture of the current switch panel with switches in HE.... Would be worth it for the reaction I would expect....

1 Like

Yeah this one defo not fridge friendly :wink: I have an older Sony Z2 tablet that I thought about using as it's really slim, but just wasn't big enough to my liking.

Hahaha, that would be genius!!! I'd love to see the look on my wife's face!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I would just have it as always on. Just need to find a good kiosk-type way to display the dashboard full screen under Win10. The Celeron n4000 that's in there barely draws power and is passively cooled. Screen is IPS LCD so no individually powered LEDS and less power consumption there as well. Either way, not bothered by a little electricity consumption in having it on all the time :wink:
I thought it'd be cool to have a dash with weather, time, internal temps and stuff like that (no switches or things that require interaction) as a screensaver and then for it to switch automatically to the dashboard with the light switches or heating thermostats when touched to cancel the screensaver.

But now that you've got me thinking... would also be great to be able to use the front-cam as a motion sensor to activate it!

1 Like

For me, originally, it was about the opportunity to reduce the power consumption with the hope I could run the tablet on battery for a period of time, but I don't have those options given the age of the tablet (7 years old). So atm for me, switching between a dull clock display and a dashboard is not really achieving a huge amount given I have an ugly cable plugged in behind the fridge to provide power to the tablet, i.e. the clock is never really seen apart form the delay in the transition to a dashboard.

Before I landed on idea of using a motion sensor and AutoRemote, my preference when I first looked into this was to have:

Tablet / Screen displaying either an album of photos or a high level "dashboard" with general details such as Calendar events and weather, perhaps some key notifications from my HE setup. Took this inspiration from Dakboard. This would continue to display even while I walked around close by....

When I tapped the screen it would display the HE dashboard of my choosing.

Unfortunately a touch-based transition between an "ambient" display to a HE dashboard for control was not an option for me, but may be for you.

Just a few thoughts on where you could take your setup.....

1 Like

I was thinking the exact same thing. I've never seen a 14-gang switch plate in my life before. Wow.

2 Likes

Holy Crap!!

Whoever, came up with that was clearly not well versed in HMI's! :scream:

1 Like

All, wondering whether anyone use Samsung Smart lock and manage to integrate it with HE?

Don't know what HMI stands for but pretty sure I agree with you :laughing::laughing:

:rofl: Human Machine Interface

1 Like

Saw this ad on my Facebook, looks like they have been here for a while: ctec smart switch mirror range

Has anyone used them? And potentially connect it to Hubitat

Best 240v e27 RGB Zigbee Hue bulb alternatives that repeat, anyone? For delivery to Australia.

I've purchased 2 ledvance and they seem ok but I need 12 more and only Amazon sell them and there are only 6 left.