Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Just received mine. It paired as a Yale Zigbee lock, and works perfectly out of the box.
Now I just have to figure out attaching it to the door :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

1 Like

This is great to hear. I ordered 2x of them so dived straight in only on the weekend..

Very new to locks in hubitat. Seems the unlock and lock commands can be accessed in rule machine so that's good. What I'm not sure is how codes are dealt with. I'm hoping I can make some codes only work on certain days and between certain times. Plus be able to disable them easily. I have a new puppy on the way and at times may need to give access to a puppy sitter.

I feel all this should be possible, seems there is lock manager in hubitat.. But I'm not convinced how reliable it will be with these locks it seems. Time will tell I guess.

1 Like

And this why I've used fibaro dimmers on lights I don't need dimmed. Not a cheap way to make multi gang switches... Just because they don't need neutral.

Thereโ€™s an official lock code manager app plus use HSM for managing security functions based on the house mode.

1 Like

FYI i got mine today, it came with a zigbee module pre-installed which is pretty nice considering they are like $80 just for the module. Paired immediately and working with hubitat. Pretty happy For $115

1 Like

got mine today. paired immediately. Very nice that it came with a zigbee module as these are like $80 and sold separately!

1 Like

Did yours show up as a Yale lock too?

I'm hoping mine comes with a zigbee module as well. I expected it will seeing the boxes say zigbee on them.. I had thought it was only locks like the Yale one where it's an option... Hope my thoughts are right.

Can either of you comment on if the lock manager works on them? More reading seems to inidixtaeoit should work.

I see in rule machine that custom action shows a lock as an option. Hoping that shows more options than just lock and unlock..

I got mine a few mins ago - just need to find some time to play with them.

So I had a quick play with the T-Locks - a couple of things to note:

• Red Zigbee module comes pre-installed as expected (nice)
  • Pairs quickly and easily as a Yale lock (as noted above) using Zigbee
  • Lock code manager easily connects and can manage codes
  • Lock code manager can roll out the same codes to multiple locks and keypads (nice)
  • Looks like you need to use Rule machine to link smart locks to Mode manager / HSM as they seem to only integrate with "alarm keypads" atm.
  • They are built like tanks - I'm impressed!
3 Likes

The original ebay listing has ended however there is a new one here: eBay

I did some more digging and discovered the actual model - they are a rebranded "Yale Assure Lock SL". Boy are these things normally pricy!!! :scream:

The normal price online ranges from $329 to $425 - so these "Telstra versions" are a steal!

Yes pairs as yale lock.

I bought from another seller who had better feedback (listed below). They accepted my best offer so was similar price.. I'm always skeptical of an ebay seller with lower feedback than 98.5% as it often means a few in every hundred of people weren't happy.. Which is not a good track record... Looking at feedback is critical I find and shied away from this one you linked.

2 Likes

[quote="dJOS,

This is good to hear and thanks for your comments about these locks. Seems like we've made a good decision to buy these ones for a good price.

Do you know if lock manager can be integrated in rule's? So I could update what codes are valid on the lock based on days and time?

Or perhaps the custom code in rule machine has more options than just lock and unlock.

I believe my locks will arrive tomorrow so will check myself if you aren't sure.

Yes, I just setup a bunch, it's dead easy in RM!

Eg if we have someone coming over to feed our pets:

We have a Security Keypad inside the entryway too, so my rule can be triggered by it and the front door. The reason for this is just in-case the House sitter accidently locks the front door while they are still inside, they can put the same code into the Security panel to disarm the house (I set it up to lock the deadbolts only when Away, Vacation, or Night modes).

For us our phones act as presence sensors so the house will unlock by the time we are in the garage.

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks for letting me know. Feeding my pet (soon to get a puppy) is exactly what I am getting these for.

I too use phones for presence detection to open gates and turn lights on/off. I thought of using this to unlock the house but I wasn't so sure seeing the radius I use for geofence to open the gates is reasonably large...

Maybe I use if i enter the geofence, then wait for wifi to be connected to unlock. This would need to be rule machine based, rather than modes but I tend to use rule machine for just about everything at the moment anyway.

@dJOS Last question. Can rule machine disable or enable a user code? So complex rules can allow or pause a certain user permission to unlock?

I repeat, I should get mine tomorrow so appreciate this is a bit of effort to answer if it's not something you already do.