Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I tried pairing again this morning - from a different outlet - and they paired fine.

1 Like

Yes, they are quite warm but if you have a look at the teardown doc from Sercomm you see a small transformer located at the bottom of the units. These small 240/5v transformers are know to generate some heat.
https://fccid.io/P27SZESW01/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-pdf-2054590

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Nut sure if anyone here uses the Broadkink RM Pro+. I have just received my RM3 Pro Plus and am unable to get it to join my wifi network. I have even stood up a wifi AP with a very simple wifi password. I have tried both IHC and e-control from my iphone without success. The original post says that you must use one of these apps if you want to use the app and driver so I am wary to try Broadlink Manager from my notebook.

Additionally, what firmware version is it safe to apply without rendering the unit cloud only?

Thanks,
Craig

Folks,

Have read most of the posts here and in other threads on Nue Zigbee Power Points etc, but I am confused as to which is the β€œbest” device driver to use for the AU Double Power Point (GPO). I have tried a few including the Nue Switch, Generic Zigbee Outlet, and the Zigbee Generic Outlet, but all seem to only work with the left switch not the right one. I am migrating from SmartThings, and there another app was required for the child switches. Is that the same on HE?.

Apologies if this has been answered before....

Tas

I would recommend reaching out to Kevin at 3A smarthome. He should be able to point you in the right direction

John,

Sorry to respond so long down track, but keen to know which device driver/s you used fro the 2 gang GPO?

It's actually Jason, but you'll have to contact him on the 'other' forum. :zipper_mouth_face:

FYI: I use the HE Nue Zigbee Switch driver with my Nue 2 gang GPO, it created two child devices and hasn’t missed a beat.
Each of the a child devices use the HE Generic Component Switch driver which was auto assigned.

1 Like

Thanks very much. I had tried this before and there were no child devices, but I found by saving the device, going back to the list nad back into the device they were then there, and easy to complete the config.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hey folks, are there any Z-wave/ZigBee shutter motors for use in Australia?
One of my hardwired roller shutter motors has failed on me, and I'm contemplating getting another standard motor installed and use a Z-wave controller (currently trialling the shutter next to it like this, and is working well), or better yet, a purpose built motor for automation.

I understand RF (broadlink/bond) won't work here because of the rolling code, so would need to be a different protocol.

What are my options?

You don’t need a special motor, just a regular motor and get your your sparky to install a zwave roller shutter controller behind the 3-way switch.

1 Like

I have been able to get Bond to work, though it can be an expensive route, mostly with the motors. I have Somfy motors in 8 internal roller blinds and a motor in my ZipTrak external blind that has a Simu remote, can't quite remember the motor manufacturer. These all use a rolling code but Bond have developed an integration with these, but if it is a brand / model they have not catered for it will not work I would expect.

I recently got an Alpha battery power blind installed and haven't been able to get that to work with Bond as yet. Am trying to follow them up on it, but haven't put too much effort into that just yet. Very nice looking remote and mount though....

Simon

1 Like

Yeah, I'm currently trialling one of these and its awesome, but not priced well for 9x shutters! (plus sparky). Being WA and brick walls, a few are okay behind the switches, but may need to install them in the roof due to space restrictions.

Hence considering the motor route, if and when they fail.

1 Like

Yeah they are expensive but should last as long as the blinds and motors.

Interesting. I thought rolling codes in general were a roadblock for RF learning. My broadlink won't even recognise my Alpha blind codes for this reason.

Alpha do a wifi control box (Neo?) that works great with my battery blind motors. Although that is more 2.4Ghz than is necessary

Yeah, that is one of the selling points for Bond, that they specifically wrote an integration for these, while systems like Broadlink that learn more common RF commands cannot support these. Bond also has a learning option as well.

Thanks for the top on the Neo, I'll take a look. Another hub to add to the collection... Yay....

1 Like

Hey guys, if you have the cygnett motion sensors, how's your battery life like? Mine seems to go down pretty quickly, about a month in and down to 80% already.

My hallway one that gets a fair bit of traffic is sitting at 91% since the 1st of October.

1 Like

Does the Cygnett report temperature as well? I've heard if you set the temperature reporting on some other sensors too precise it can affect the battery life... i.e. the sensor then needs to send so many reports it can drain the battery more quickly.

1 Like

Telstra Zigbee Outlet issue - Power reporting

With this device, it seems it might be reporting the wattage as 100 times (???) greater than it should be. Any ideas as to how to get it to not report it like this, or is my power bill going to be massive? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here is how it had been reported under the Kasa outlet