Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

oh, as in a competing product?

It's a shame to lose them, their drivers and support have been great.

Agreed. I'm worried about HE's future, given all the drivers these now suspended users produce.

Edit: may have overstated this, but still worried given the #'s of drivers.

Sounds like that is the direction they are heading.

Looks like they still are going to support their code but I couldn't blame them if they decide not to.

1 Like

How did you find this out?

Constant update on Smartly thread.

1 Like

This would affect us more over here than in the US because many if not most of us are more reliant on zigbee/tasmota devices than zwave.

All I can say is that its a shame that these things happen. Although the true story might be different the optics don't look good tbh.

After all HE was built on the shoulders of ST and we have discussions here on competing products all the time. Although it could be seen as poor form to spruik your own product, I think we need to give credit to the community to be able to investigate the merits of other products.

2 Likes

The Vera owners banned well known contributors just for mentioning they'd moved to Open LUP - I was surprised they didnt ban me for mentioning I'd moved to Hubitat.

Wow I just discovered that Jason Church was suspended as well! I didn't think he was connected (or was he :thinking:)

It seems counterproductive to me. If a no name like me got banned it's no great loss, but contributing devs getting banned just serves to generate more interest in what they're up to.

1 Like

I just found this:

https://oh-lalabs.com/articles/we-are-sad-announce

But Jason isn't mentioned.

Yes, Jason was never mentioned. It was only 3 of them (markus, april and spelcheck).
This is sad :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I totally agree.

Btw, if there are any WU users here, I took Cobra's driver and fixed some issues with the way it handled some WU data and made some enhancements. :sunglasses:

Cool. BTW if you are interested would you mind having a look at this GitHub - caseyfw/bom-gif: A script for generating a gif of the last hour of BOM rain radar images.. I tried to get it going but failed miserably. I'll probably be asking the dev for some help on this.

It wont be till next week (Im slammed over the next couple of days - just taking a quick post-lunch break). But I must warn you, Im not a dev and really only made the changes because I thought Cobra didnt understand the WU data model - plus I thought switching to "null" images for night was dumb.

The rest was kinda by accident. :joy:

3 Likes

Wow that is a real shame. Seems this could have a large impact on the future of hubitat support.. I hope not, but I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned.

Oh-La LABS Community <-- he is here

Apologies- newb. Can someone point to me to the idiots guide on getting started with hubitat in sydney? House being built, up to installing electric/switches

1 Like

I watched a few videos on Hubitat to get a feel for it. Then I just played with it until I understood what I was doing.

1 Like