Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

lol :stuck_out_tongue: I'm just a guy who like technology

4 Likes

I have a couple of the ikea repeaters already running Markus drivers and one is about 6mtrs from this sensor. Might grab a couple more to see if it helps.

@IWiyanto I actually have Fibaro for over 90% of my dimmers and relays. I've found them very good, and I haven't really had any trouble with pairing or resetting them. I've also had a few Aeotec switches, but I didn't like them as much.

Battery was changed last time it dropped out a few weeks ago and i've mesaured it with a meter and it's showing just over 3v so it shouldn't be a battery problem. After i re-paired it i sat it next to the hub and it dropped again after a couple of days, i'm thinking it's maybe a dud sensor and is taking other things nearby down with it.

Honestly it cannot hurt having more repeaters and the value of them is low so might as well.

Is there no limit to the number of hops? Or degradation if too many exist? I thought I remembered reading something like that, but it might have been only about Z-Wave.

Z-wave has a limit, Zigbee does not. I have 4-5 hops from the furthest devices to the hub, response time is just as fast from those as from those next to the hub. Looking at Zigbee packet logs in Wireshark the time spent for a packet to traverse one repeater is usually between 0.1ms to 5ms.

2 Likes

I literally have only 2 dimmers now, first one being Fibaro Dimmer and for whatever reason just decided to went bonker on me. I bought Aeotec Nano Dimmer and it works very good.
My pros for Aeotec are

• the outside button compare to Fibaro B button which is inside, can be tricky to push
  • Aeotec light indicator is easier to see
  • Aeotec is cheaper :rofl:

Everyone is different and you must have installed Fibaro better.

I went with Aeotec because I was told Fibaro do some non standard stuff with their zwave implementation. Plus I don’t need the scene functions as we have echoβ€˜s in almost every room.

Hi All, New to HE!

Just started off by tuya converting OTA a Brilliant Smart Wifi Dimmer Mech Switch (Smart Dimmer Mech - BrilliantSmart), which work perfectly.
Have connected it to HE via Tasmota Device manager and created a button on the dashboard.
All works fine.
When the physical button/switch is activated the connected downlight turns on but the HE dashboard does not change states to on to match the whats happening in the real world.

Is this suppose to happen? Can anyone help with if there is a setting for this?

Cheers

Did you load the HE compatible fork of Tasmota?

1 Like

Hi at9, i loaded it with 8.1.0(lite) that was for HE, then copied the template from the Blakadder. On the Blakadder site (BrilliantSmart D350W Dimmer Template for Tasmota) it talks about mappings and dimmer range, i could not find where to enter this data.

Thanks

Refer to this thread mate. It has a Wiki and instructions etc. You will load the Tasmota 8.3.1 by Theo Arends & for Hubitat by markus-li HE firmware and you can post your template up etc too.

2 Likes

Hi All, I worked with @markus on a Tasmota for Hubitat Garage door controller. If this interests you then here is the Wiki with the details.

1 Like

Thanks, jchurch. It took me a bit to reflash the firmware but I got it done. Flashed the minimal then the full firmware.
Feedback to the dashboard now works!!
Still trying to get the dimming part of the switch to function.
Is there an easy way to change the dimming range and the MCU mapping settings? Is this done thru the console?
Learning bit by bit.

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Does anyone know any decent zigbee or z-wave button that can be used outdoors. Looking to use it as a doorbell button and it has to be waterproof to some extent.

I've got Aeotec Doorbell 6, however am looking for a separate additional button to work with my chromecast and other speakers.

Yes just copy and paste them in and it should then work.

thanks @at9 pasted it in to the console and the dimming function is now working!!

Thanks all who helped, i learnt a lot about tasmota trying to get this to work.

1 Like

I personally use a modified Xiaomi contact sensor e.g. cut off the reed switch on the board and solder wires that connects back to a button. It's then installed in side a doorbell looking box with a hole drilled for the button. You could use other brand contact sensors for this as well its up to you. I like it because on the outside it looks like a normal dumb doorbell but behind the scenes there is a fair bit of intelligence :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI: this is completed using HE and NodeRed if you don't recognise the above but you can do something similar completely in HE. This is to just give you some ideas outside the norm :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did't know you could open a video feed on a google hub. What's that node called?