Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

The Ring keypad is official supported. however its not sold in Australia meaning you would need to import and use the zwave frequency for the US one as it cannot work with the Australia zwave frequency. You could theoretically operate the US zwave frequency here but it would be illegal and someone one day could knock on your door with a cease and desist order.

It's actually a lot easier than you think and with the gig some of the other guys use pretty simple. There is plenty of good articles etc too on how to do this.

That's correct. Hubitat does have inbuilt drivers but @markus recently developed some new ones with presence built in here so I am not running that driver. btw, to add then you just use a paper clip and press into their pairing button on the side to add them into HE.

Sounds like you need a bunch of IKEA repeaters mate. It's worth trying it. IMHO $20 is a steal so just grab them now, not sure on IKEA sales etc.

I've got some of the IKEA repeaters and buttons in transit. Plan to pair a repeater with my hue (if I can?) and one with HE. Plan to use the buttons with HE to control my blinds.

I recently changed over from the default device handler to the one provided by @markus and it's been far better. I dont think my ikea repeaters were repeating on the default drivers - at least according to the zigbee mesh page they wern't.

Yes it's possible (I did one ages ago), will need to use touchlink to pair if I remember correcly.

Cool. I'm starting to stretch the limits I think in terms of bulbs, hoping these might buy me some more time before I need to get another bridge

Yes @markus has developed far superior drivers I have found the same for the Nue switches too.

Yeah, @markus's tasmota drivers are fantastic. Highly recommend. Also, I learnt a lot tasmotizing it via serial.

I often see the suggestion that smart bulbs should be connected to a separate hub (Hue ect) and then to the HE. Is this the same for the Nue switches? Given they are also for lighting (smart switches, dumb bulbs) should they be connected to a separate hub prior to the HE or is this unnecessary?

I have chosen this path, i.e. utilising my hue bridge. My memory is that the main reasons are to lighten the load on the HE hub in terms of zigbee and to make use of the features within hue such as those in the hue dimmer switches and hue scenes. Beyond those others can comment more than me.

Nue switches I don't think come under the same banner, given what I mentioned previously, those were very specific reasons related to hue.

In general the answer is no for Zigbee wall switches, they don't cause the same type of issues as bulbs. However, in the case of Nue they are not the best of repeaters judging from what has been said about them. With that said, I do know that they don't cause issues in the mesh for those that make sure to have other strong repeaters placed strategically around the mesh.
The biggest issues (not the only one) caused by repeating bulbs are when they are turned off by a wall switch, repeaters disappearing is never good. This is not an issue with wall switches, of course.

Anyone using Linktap Wireless Water Timer - LinkTap I ordered one yesterday, arrived today in time for me to set up a sprinkler/drip system in the vege garden before I replant for spring. I'd like to use my PWS (which is connected through HE) to use some rules for turning it on and off. Looks like there is a nice open API and I can use PUT etc but be good to see what others have done.

I have written many wifi drivers for HE including a few for @jchurch -- where are the API docs at ?

Does this help? Wireless Water Timer - LinkTap

Cheers
Steve

Yes -- I found it also. Looks real easy to code.

Sent a PM

That looks really neat, I might have to get a couple too!

Yes and it's an Australian company. I only discovered it after I had gotten the bhyve but they have an open API. If I didn't buy the bhyve.......

I see it is using a proprietary version of Zigbee, if anyone has one of these and a Zigbee sniffer with Wireshark I'd love to see the traffic to know if it could be made to run natively. :slight_smile:

Just an fyi, the Ikea on/off switch doesn't work natively with HE. I misread some of the existing threads, the dimmer/puck isn't the same thing.... I'll probably end up trying to code up some kind of hue integration for the switch, I e. Where the switch updates a virtual accessory on hue bridge, but not ideal...