Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I’ve had mine for nearly a year. Soon after I received them the glass panel came off on one and the manufacturer advised to attach it with a few drops of super glue. I did that and all good. No further issues.

1 Like

Yeah i think i may need to do the same.

I bought a Bunnys 2 gang 6912HA as it sounded like they could be flashed OTA. After wasting an hour trying, it appears this one can not :pensive:. If anyone else was counting on flashing them, just a note of caution. Looks like it is time to get a jig. At least then I can do some 3 and 4 gang switches too I guess...

You dont need a jig. I've managed to do it without one. It's pretty simple, follow the instructions here: (not my site).

2 Likes

I've done one that way, but found trying to get the pins and timing right very tedious. I needed 4 extra hands. I ended up using one of the kids to help, but I don't think they will do that again after I growled at them every time they moved. That said, there was much celebrating when the stars finally aligned! Maybe I'll give it one more try with the bent pins method...

OK. I have a "thing" that seems to bend the pins inwards making it much easier. I found it in my box of goodies. It would have been hard without it. I've done it 6 or 7 times now.

Who's ordered their new C7's (other than @dJOS and me)?

1 Like

I would have if I could get a Ring keypad that supports our Z-wave as I would really like a fully supported keypad. Might still but no rush for me at the moment.

Those Ring keypad's do look nice, that said if you run Zigbee have you considered the Iris keypad you can find them here. I have one and it works great.

I have the iris keypad but it seems to drop off the network all the time, or rather take minutes to respond. It's Ok after a reboot but then within a day it might take two or three minutes to send the signal to Hubitat/HSM after I use the keypad to turn off/on the HSM, a right pain when you open the front door and want to disarm :wink: Hoping the Ring keypad is better as all other devices respond straight away. I now use a hidden zigbee button when I come in the door and it does the job and is instant but I'd like a keypad as it's more secure etc.

1 Like

I had my Iris keypad and Schlage zigbee doorlock drop off the network in the beginning but once I rolled out IKEA repeaters never had a problem again. I also wired my Iris keypad into PoE given i had it in that location and that's been great too.

1 Like

So I have moved one of my ikea repeaters, as it looks like the keypad is not repeating through the nue power point, and re-added the keypad to HSM so will see if that is any better once the zigbee mesh sorts itself out and hopefully the keypad connects though the ikea repeater.

1 Like

Great. btw, the Nue devices are weak in signal they are nothing like the IKEA repeaters. I have 8 nues, in fact I had 12 originally all over the house and still the Schlage and Iris dropped. I then rolled out 3 IKEA repeaters and it strengthened my mesh massively so good in fact I got another 2 IKEA repeaters for good measure and they are bloody cheap so didn't hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All, Hubitat version C7 is now available to be ordered.
I just found out so sorry if you already knew,
Just ordered one, so excited to try this out finally.

noob question, is the Ring keypad supported by Hubitat or do I need to flash or do something else to it?
I am new to this and prefer not to flash hence @jchurch 's way is way too advanced for me (even though it always fascinate me on how techie you are and success rate you have in working these devices)

The Ring keypad is official supported. however its not sold in Australia meaning you would need to import and use the zwave frequency for the US one as it cannot work with the Australia zwave frequency. You could theoretically operate the US zwave frequency here but it would be illegal and someone one day could knock on your door with a cease and desist order.

It's actually a lot easier than you think and with the gig some of the other guys use pretty simple. There is plenty of good articles etc too on how to do this.

Are these the repeaters you are talking about? If so, how do you add them to Hubitat? Do you just add them as a device the same as any other device?

I have the Nue light switches and GPOs but I have been having some of my devices drop off the mesh. For the most part, soon after they show as "Not Present" (Marcus' driver), they for the most part reconnect, but I have one that is refusing to rejoin. I also have a device in the letter box that usually drops off pretty quickly (I assume due to distance??). Might give these a try. Is the price usually $20, or do they often come on sale at Ikea?

1 Like

That's correct. Hubitat does have inbuilt drivers but @markus recently developed some new ones with presence built in here so I am not running that driver. btw, to add then you just use a paper clip and press into their pairing button on the side to add them into HE.

Sounds like you need a bunch of IKEA repeaters mate. It's worth trying it. IMHO $20 is a steal so just grab them now, not sure on IKEA sales etc.

1 Like

Looks like I'm heading to IKEA.

1 Like

I've got some of the IKEA repeaters and buttons in transit. Plan to pair a repeater with my hue (if I can?) and one with HE. Plan to use the buttons with HE to control my blinds.

1 Like