Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I purchased mine late last year('19) and didn't pay any duty or GST.

I drop ship about $200,000 a year of small price items for resale from US and China and have never had an item stopped at customs

Hi All,

@markus has written the Nue dimmer driver too, you can find it here.

I know a couple of people have had problems with the Nue stuff but mine have been really good until the last couple of days. They still work fine but 3 of them the glass font panel is coming away from the plastic. It looks like the adhesive is failing.

I have 8 with no issues (1, 2 and 3gangs) and they have been installed now for about a year. I will keep an eye on the glass coming away from the plastic but so far they look the same as the day they were installed. I have these and the Bunnings smart switches both are good.

EDIT: if I was starting out now though i'd personally just go the Bunnings switches as they are easy to obtain, I like the look and they work really well. Although I would miss the blue leds as I find them useful in the dark :slight_smile:

Anyone know of any light switches that don't require neutral that are compliant for Australia? I have some Rf ones that have compliance, and I also have 2x fibaro dimmers. The latter is an expensive switch by the time you add the clipsal push button fascia/panel. Was hoping to find some reasonable priced options without needing to add a neutral.

I’ve had mine for nearly a year. Soon after I received them the glass panel came off on one and the manufacturer advised to attach it with a few drops of super glue. I did that and all good. No further issues.

Yeah i think i may need to do the same.

I bought a Bunnys 2 gang 6912HA as it sounded like they could be flashed OTA. After wasting an hour trying, it appears this one can not :pensive:. If anyone else was counting on flashing them, just a note of caution. Looks like it is time to get a jig. At least then I can do some 3 and 4 gang switches too I guess...

You dont need a jig. I've managed to do it without one. It's pretty simple, follow the instructions here: (not my site).

I've done one that way, but found trying to get the pins and timing right very tedious. I needed 4 extra hands. I ended up using one of the kids to help, but I don't think they will do that again after I growled at them every time they moved. That said, there was much celebrating when the stars finally aligned! Maybe I'll give it one more try with the bent pins method...

OK. I have a "thing" that seems to bend the pins inwards making it much easier. I found it in my box of goodies. It would have been hard without it. I've done it 6 or 7 times now.

Who's ordered their new C7's (other than @dJOS and me)?

I would have if I could get a Ring keypad that supports our Z-wave as I would really like a fully supported keypad. Might still but no rush for me at the moment.

Those Ring keypad's do look nice, that said if you run Zigbee have you considered the Iris keypad you can find them here. I have one and it works great.

I have the iris keypad but it seems to drop off the network all the time, or rather take minutes to respond. It's Ok after a reboot but then within a day it might take two or three minutes to send the signal to Hubitat/HSM after I use the keypad to turn off/on the HSM, a right pain when you open the front door and want to disarm :wink: Hoping the Ring keypad is better as all other devices respond straight away. I now use a hidden zigbee button when I come in the door and it does the job and is instant but I'd like a keypad as it's more secure etc.

I had my Iris keypad and Schlage zigbee doorlock drop off the network in the beginning but once I rolled out IKEA repeaters never had a problem again. I also wired my Iris keypad into PoE given i had it in that location and that's been great too.

So I have moved one of my ikea repeaters, as it looks like the keypad is not repeating through the nue power point, and re-added the keypad to HSM so will see if that is any better once the zigbee mesh sorts itself out and hopefully the keypad connects though the ikea repeater.

Great. btw, the Nue devices are weak in signal they are nothing like the IKEA repeaters. I have 8 nues, in fact I had 12 originally all over the house and still the Schlage and Iris dropped. I then rolled out 3 IKEA repeaters and it strengthened my mesh massively so good in fact I got another 2 IKEA repeaters for good measure and they are bloody cheap so didn't hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

All, Hubitat version C7 is now available to be ordered.
I just found out so sorry if you already knew,
Just ordered one, so excited to try this out finally.

noob question, is the Ring keypad supported by Hubitat or do I need to flash or do something else to it?
I am new to this and prefer not to flash hence @jchurch 's way is way too advanced for me (even though it always fascinate me on how techie you are and success rate you have in working these devices)