Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Oh no.. that's troublesome. The switch should go into pairing mode even for their own app. All the switches (1G, 2G, 4G, and 2GPO) all went into pairing mode after holding down the switch button (I think I've always pressed the top left one, if there is more than one). Whether tuya-convert can intercept or not is what happens after.

Yeah, blonde moment....even though not blonde. I bought the non wifi switch. I didnt realise there was even a non-wifi version! After I got them exchanged, I installed the wifi versions, and they have new firmware (single and double gangs). So no OTA for me. @jchurch is going to hook me up with something to do some wired flashing.

3 Likes

Oh no.. I guess they've moved fast with the rollout. The progress on the new PSK seems be in the early stages. I will be trying the serial flash as well soon. It will be great if you can share with us how you go with serial flashing.

I swapped one of my un-opened 2 gangs (prob. same batch with new firmware) with a new switch from a different bunnings, and I did successfully flash it with tasmota, so it's not me having another blonde moment/fat fingers.

I might pack up the other double gang and also swap it over (as I managed to keep the box intact). Cheeky. @jchurch

2 Likes

haha I knew you'd probably find that older stock somewhere great work mate :stuck_out_tongue:. If you need anything more message me but your probably all sorted now.

1 Like

@Hongkey I purchased 2 x 2gang units from Bunnings and I couldn't flash them using Tuyaconvert so looks like they are definitely rolling in new stock. I had to pull them apart and flash over serial which was pretty easy. I didn't even have to use my 3d printed jig.

G'day

I'm just about to finish building a new house and looking forward to fitting it out HE etc. The forum and this thread in particular have been really helpful. I've been trialing various products already and have a pretty reliable setup of wifi and zigbee bits and pieces so far. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Kogan Smaterhome vacuums though? The Xiaomi s5 gets good reviews all round and I was heading that way, but thought I'd check to see if anyone had experience with the Kogan ones.

AWESOME! Thanks for letting me know. I could go and buy a fine soldering tip (mine's pretty big), but now that I know I can definitely serial flash, I will wait for my pogo stick rig.

I've been running the 5s 90min every day for 1.5 years picking up my dog fur and dirt he bring in from outside. If this thing broke, it will almost be a national disaster, and I will be pressured to buy the same one again. Only other one I've tried is the Aldi one (really bad), and can't comment on Kogan.

1 Like

I had some header sockets that came with Wemo's D1 mini's so I just used it like this guy did. My pogo pins are on the way but this worked as well and wasn't too hard. I used it with my USB FIDI flasher.

1 Like

The new max one sounds pretty good so maybe I’ll just go for that and play it safe. Have you got it working with HE rules or just running it stand alone?

1 Like

So far I would suggest the ecowitt gw1001 weather station for $150. The option of internet based data collection services along with hubitat local integration is a good mix. Still looking at what I can do with my Grafana setup...

I’m using it standalone at the moment. I do have mi-home integration on my to do list now that I have my pi4b 4gb. I was thinking of using the integration and try to get running map on my grafana dashboard.. But rarely gets stuck, and over the past 1.5 years, we’ve figured out what not to leave on the floor.

I use Google assistant relay running on my rPi when my mode switches to away a few times a week to integrate my S5 which works great. No complaints on the vacuum from me.
I did try to set it up via mi-connector but as my vacuum was the international version it wouldn't connect to the Chinese mainland server which is needed for it to work.

1 Like

I've had an s5 for about 2.5 years. It cleans a whole level of my house every day which takes about 80 minutes. I have a 60kg Rottweiler and a long haired cat and it works beautifully every time.

My suction fan blew up about 4 months ago and i got another one from AliExpress for $19 and switched it out easily and it has worked perfectly again since

1 Like

I'm also using Grafana with hubitat. I'd be interested in what people are doing on their Grafana dashboard.

I've posted in a couple of different threads, will try and get links to them later, you can look under the show off dashboards thread and one about charting temperature readings.

Hi @Hongkey,

This post I did a little while ago provides a good overview of some of the recent things I have done with my hubitat dashboards, including use of Grafana.

There's also some links in the post to other threads where I outline how I have done some things.

Happy to help if you have any questions, and am always interested to hear about other users dashboard designs.

Simon

1 Like

Hi All
Just wondering if you know anything about this 8 ways switch by ZConnect as advertised by digital homes. If price is good then it can be a valuable device particularly for areas where you have multiple groups of lightning switches in on place. Not sure why needs a a battery. Perhaps doesn't need to have neutral and controlling 8 phase lines ( I wish) :smiley: