Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Thanks Simon! I like what you have done. I've got a couple of questions, but let me dig into the details, and see how I go.

1 Like

It will be interesting if Zemismart get these approved for Aus like their zigbee switches.

@at9 Which Zemismart stuff is AU approved? Is there an AU reseller for them?

These are

https://public.global-mark.com.au:8443/certificate.nsf/1/7B0FF914E856A9BECA25858A0057CF85/$file/Attachment.pdf

and

https://public.global-mark.com.au:8443/certificate.nsf/1/EAE4B0F1E074F5F5CA25858A0056A92A/$file/Attachment.pdf

This was cool. I needed a new smart plug for my Comms Rack internal fans so I used one of these rewireable plugs from Bunnings. I flashed it with TuyaConvert and wired it up very quickly. Good quality plug and safety first which is really nice too. It has a much smaller footprint than having to use a plug in-line. I didn't have much space so it was either this or a smart double powerpoint GPO but this was far easier.

4 Likes

How did you flash? OTA or wired?

OTA using TuyaConvert mate. They run a slightly older chip and definately older firmware. I'd imagine the turn over of these versus the switches would be much smaller too so likely won't see new firmware on these for a bit.

1 Like

Yeah i have one aswell and works great with TuyaConvert.

1 Like

Nice. I spotted those in Bunnings just a couple of days ago. Made a mental note to do some research on them. Do they happen to do power reporting?

No power monitoring on these ones. I noted they have released a power monitoring plug though so who knows one might come out some day.

1 Like

Que? Released power monitoring plug elsewhere? and might come out here someday?

This one so maybe it will come out in replaceable some day.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-plug-in-socket-with-energy-meter_p0135442

Sorry @at9, those links to the certificates don't seem to work. Is there an AU supplier for these?

You need to buy them from zemismart via their website or aliexpress.
You can buy the Nue switches here on amazon and ebay which are the same rebadged products but there has been questions raised about their longevity.

These are the 2 certificates you will need to search for to see them
GMA-504674-EA
GMA-505544-EA
https://www.global-mark.com.au/certificate-search/

Hmmm... So Nue are rebadged Zemismart? That makes me question the quality of Zemismart gear, as I've read some users on here pointing out some issues with some Nue stuff (eg. questionable safety).

1 Like

@jason-lane I purchased one of the Nue switches the other day to see what the quality was like. What safety issues are people having? I searched the forums prior to purchasing but didn't come up with much (but I am very new to this and quite possibly missed alot)

The original GPO's they sold were pretty suspect
You can see the photos new GPOs here and the post below has the old.
@mike has had issues with them failing but I'm not sure anybody else has.
Mine still work fine but I've only had them since November last year.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. That's the one! I didn't realize you were one of the people discussing that back then :slight_smile:

I purchased the Nue branded switch from 3A but it does look identical to a Zemismart switch on their site. Interestingly the Zemismart switch says it is a digital dimmer but when I asked 3A about dimmers they said only the specific single gang ( with extra up and down switches) was available as a dimmer. It should turn up later today so I guess I will find out.

I have lots of these light switches, single, 2, 3 & 4 gang ones, a dimmer I use with a fan. I have a double power point, haven't used that any where yet. Only had an issue with 1 of the 2 gang, which I returned to Kevin, & he returned it & has worked since. I just found he has a fan/light switch & have just installed it, although the 3 speed part isn't working, all switches turn the fan on full speed, so I need to contact him or get help here about that.